Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSUS Thread

Post Thanks / Like

The LSUS Thread

A thread for any and all currently or formerly on this program to discuss modifications, successes, failures, etc...

I actually have most of my team on this currently with some mods. I think it's great for GPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested to hear how variations of the program are made for different people and their strengths/weaknesses. I saw the basic one that was posted, but I think I remember Sean saying that it was more like how Kendrick did it, since he was more focused on upper body strength at the time, given all the bench press, ohp, p press, shrugs, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelchase View Post
    I would be interested to hear how variations of the program are made for different people and their strengths/weaknesses. I saw the basic one that was posted, but I think I remember Sean saying that it was more like how Kendrick did it, since he was more focused on upper body strength at the time, given all the bench press, ohp, p press, shrugs, etc.
    The biggest change I make is in the 10s, I rarely do the snatches/cleans from the hip. I usually instruct my lifters to do them from the knee, and I mix in the squat variations, not just powers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some may like this http://rwlweightlifting.org/Articles...ke%20Stone.pdf and this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1594293097. I just saw the spread sheet today and haven't messed around with it much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I rarely do the snatches/cleans from the hip
    That's interesting because I hate doing them from the hip, it feels like a completely different lift than when the bar actually has some speed carried into 2nd pull, like it would from the floor...

Would you elaborate on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting because I hate doing them from the hip, it feels like a completely different lift than when the bar actually has some speed carried into 2nd pull, like it would from the floor...

Pretty much what you stated, I just don't think people get much out of it, and you end up with a lot of jerky movement to get velocity on the bar. Even when Kendrick does them they're very herky jerky.

Post Thanks / Like

you and me both, hangs from the knee vs hangs from the hip or high position in both lifts is incredibly different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that feeling is shared... and yea from the knee actually feels like a snatch/clean to me. From the hip its like a clean/snatch "dive" or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear this discussion on work from the hips. It's always felt off to me and was my least favorite part of the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that feeling is shared... and yea from the knee actually feels like a snatch/clean to me. From the hip its like a clean/snatch "dive" or something.
    yea if you're not trying to dive under the bar it's having to get so herky jerky with it as mentioned above to get any speed that it doesn't even resemble the full lift.