Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bar Review: Vulcan Pro Bearing 20kg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by n___p View Post
    GG,

You always go 'round n 'round on this in multiple threads. Rogue is relatively new on the scene when it comes to specific weightlifting gear despite being the premier CF outfitter. If you are familiar with the product line then great, but that says nothing about the quality or the existing units out on the market. Some of Rogue's products have proven to be rock solid, but I'm not convinced on their bars.

A buddies' Rogue WL bar that I've used on and off on the weekends has similar issues with notchy collar/shaft spin, and he's already sent one back before. According to Rogue HQ, the bearing journals were revised which should fix the spin problem. However, if it were my $600+, I would want to spend it one time and one time only, without having to deal with warranties and shipping a bar back n forth. Not sure if you have a back up bar to train on in the event of a warranty return, but if you're like me, no bar = no training, ymmv.

Yeah, probably going to keep doing that for the next week or two. I would be an owner of a Rogue bar by now, but I decided to wait until Black Friday to see what deals popped up.

I will say that I absolutely do not want center knurling regardless of if its passive or not, so that is a big factor to me.
    Last edited by GarageGuy; 11-18-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey op, how does it compare to the eleiko sport bar? Right now they have it for $599, pretty much the same as the rogue bar.

http://www.eleikoshop.com/collection...ing-bar-45-lbs

How is the sport bar different from the regular eleiko bar?
    Last edited by GarageGuy; 11-22-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageGuy View Post
    Hey op, how does it compare to the eleiko sport bar? Right now they have it for $599, pretty much the same as the rogue bar.

http://www.eleikoshop.com/collection...ing-bar-45-lbs

How is the sport bar different from the regular eleiko bar?
    I have not personally used it so I cannot say. I have used the Eleiko competition and the training bar, just not the sport bar. What I am seeing from this thread is that $500 to $600 seems to be the sweet spot for most lifters here. Maybe we will try to organize a $600 showdown for 2015 which I will open up in a different thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I have not personally used it so I cannot say. I have used the Eleiko competition and the training bar, just not the sport bar. What I am seeing from this thread is that $500 to $600 seems to be the sweet spot for most lifters here. Maybe we will try to organize a $600 showdown for 2015 which I will open up in a different thread.
    After doing some research, apparently the only difference between the eleiko competition bar and the eleiko sport training bar is of course the sport bar isn't certified, and it only has 8 needle bearings instead of 10. Other that that it's the same bar. If that is the case $599 sounds like a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageGuy View Post
    After doing some research, apparently the only difference between the eleiko competition bar and the eleiko sport training bar is of course the sport bar isn't certified, and it only has 8 needle bearings instead of 10. Other that that it's the same bar. If that is the case $599 sounds like a deal.
    The differences in the bar are of course 1lbs extra (Eleiko claims that they did make it a real 20.4kg/45lbs bar, not 20kg/44lbs), the bearings, and the knurl is supposed to be far softer, even softer than the training bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vulcan Pro Bearing Bar is now listed at $509.

Post Thanks / Like

Vulcan Gear in Canada

Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to let you know that Barbell Bros. Inc has teamed up with Vulcan to bring their products into Canada. We are really excited to bring this high quality brand to Canadians. Our website is: www.barbellbros.ca
    If you are interested in any products online let us know and we can answer any questions you may have. Additionally we can complete custom orders if that is required.
    Thanks, info@barbellbros.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    So Justin, any updates on the bar? Still liking it? Would you buy it again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisG View Post
    So Justin, any updates on the bar? Still liking it? Would you buy it again?
    Still liking and would still purchase. No changes in the bar or how it has been over time.

+1