Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread About Nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Thread About Nothing

You know what it is...GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Struggling to choose a new show to start on Netflix.

Just finished Jessica Jones, which wasn't nearly as good as the reviews said it would be, and I had to work hard to get through the last few episodes.

I watched part of Episode 1 of "The Last Kingdom", which looks really good, so I may stick with that, though it's a bit heavy. (It doesn't look to be available on US Netflix, so I'm watching 'from Japan' using hola).

Other thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to continue to watch Last Kingdom. Saw the first episode and I have read some of the books he's written (Winter King, etc...).

Marco Polo + the new episode on how the blind monk came to be! Fantastic series. Probably the best NetFlix original.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseKnuckles View Post
    I am going to continue to watch Last Kingdom. Saw the first episode and I have read some of the books he's written (Winter King, etc...).

Marco Polo + the new episode on how the blind monk came to be! Fantastic series. Probably the best NetFlix original.
    Interesting... for some reason I'd confused Marco Polo with 1492, which was supposed to be intellectually dishonest, awful, and cringe-worthy, so it wasn't on my radar, but I'll look into it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzie View Post
    Interesting... for some reason I'd confused Marco Polo with 1492, which was supposed to be intellectually dishonest, awful, and cringe-worthy, so it wasn't on my radar, but I'll look into it!
    Everything about the series is great. Writing, costume, scenary, plot and plot twists... Makes you really think about how the Khans would have truly ruled such a vast Empire. You even question your own moral leaning at times.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    have y'all seen Twin Peaks? Its old but I haven't binged a show since playing catch-up with Breaking Bad in '12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigburt View Post
    have y'all seen Twin Peaks? Its old but I haven't binged a show since playing catch-up with Breaking Bad in '12
    Twin Peaks was cool and freaky and new when I was in high school, but I never got into it then, nor have I watched it since. Definitely worth a look, though, as I've only ever heard good things about it from friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Defintely one of those shows I've wanted to watch. It was big when I was in High School as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Narcos

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Mirror is great and a quick binge with only 7 episodes. Also Person of Interest and Master of None. I can probably come up with more...