Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Thread About Nothing

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thread About Nothing

    You know what it is...GO!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Struggling to choose a new show to start on Netflix.

    Just finished Jessica Jones, which wasn't nearly as good as the reviews said it would be, and I had to work hard to get through the last few episodes.

    I watched part of Episode 1 of "The Last Kingdom", which looks really good, so I may stick with that, though it's a bit heavy. (It doesn't look to be available on US Netflix, so I'm watching 'from Japan' using hola).

    Other thoughts?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to continue to watch Last Kingdom. Saw the first episode and I have read some of the books he's written (Winter King, etc...).

    Marco Polo + the new episode on how the blind monk came to be! Fantastic series. Probably the best NetFlix original.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseKnuckles View Post
    I am going to continue to watch Last Kingdom. Saw the first episode and I have read some of the books he's written (Winter King, etc...).

    Marco Polo + the new episode on how the blind monk came to be! Fantastic series. Probably the best NetFlix original.
    Interesting... for some reason I'd confused Marco Polo with 1492, which was supposed to be intellectually dishonest, awful, and cringe-worthy, so it wasn't on my radar, but I'll look into it!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzie View Post
    Interesting... for some reason I'd confused Marco Polo with 1492, which was supposed to be intellectually dishonest, awful, and cringe-worthy, so it wasn't on my radar, but I'll look into it!
    Everything about the series is great. Writing, costume, scenary, plot and plot twists... Makes you really think about how the Khans would have truly ruled such a vast Empire. You even question your own moral leaning at times.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    358
    Post Thanks / Like
    have y'all seen Twin Peaks? Its old but I haven't binged a show since playing catch-up with Breaking Bad in '12

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigburt View Post
    have y'all seen Twin Peaks? Its old but I haven't binged a show since playing catch-up with Breaking Bad in '12
    Twin Peaks was cool and freaky and new when I was in high school, but I never got into it then, nor have I watched it since. Definitely worth a look, though, as I've only ever heard good things about it from friends.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defintely one of those shows I've wanted to watch. It was big when I was in High School as well.

  9. #9
    Member Darryl Dunsloppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Narcos

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black Mirror is great and a quick binge with only 7 episodes. Also Person of Interest and Master of None. I can probably come up with more...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •