Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Players Unite

Guitar Players Unite

Anyone else play?

Casually for about 11 years now. Blues, prog rock and general rock are my thing. Got a Fenix stratocaster (same warehouse the 1980s fender Korean strats were made), a Les Paul copy, a basic acoustic and a 5 string rickenbacker bass copy. Amp is a Roland Cube that I got around 8 or 9 years ago, though I'm thinking of switching to a Vox modelling amp. No pedals, but I do want a delay.

I played a lot 10-15 yrs ago. Now I am getting back into it. I have been messing around with a lot of open tunings. It's a great way to help a schmuck sound half decent!

I can play a few scales and a mean yankee doodle.

I've recorded quite a bit, from personal albums: http://noisetrade.com/michaelwaskom/...know-how-to-do to metal bands that toured the usa in the early 2000's to everything in between.

Played guitar and bass for about 9 years now. Though living on a campus I can only play and acoustic guitar, I miss my amps.

I've found that every weightlifter I know (myself included) plays....at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    I've recorded quite a bit, from personal albums: http://noisetrade.com/michaelwaskom/...know-how-to-do to metal bands that toured the usa in the early 2000's to everything in between.
    Is that you singing? I've been a few small touring metal bands myself.

I used to be a rock star... decades ago. Still got my rig, but i rarely pick it up. To play i need a reason, like anything else, and there is just NO fucking life for the kind ov music i like where i live. I'd rather it sit there and collect dust than go back to playing Metallica covers with a bunch ov potheads. Too bad though... nothing better than playing live with a tight band.

been playing guitar almost daily for 12 years, just random stuff each day. mostly classical, rock and metal. Had lessons for one year at some point which was the only structured training I did.
    if you just "practice" something daily for 12 years straight you end up getting pretty good at it despite doing things suboptimally which makes me wish I had started weightlifting at the same time I did guitar playing.