Quote Originally Posted by DylanJM View Post
    Have you got a link to the 5 pops?
    Nat Arem reposted a comment on Reddit which says:

AHMED Sara -76W
    HUSSEIN Samar -87W
    FARAG Salma -87W (2002!)
    IBRAHIM Moustafa -73M
    Mohamed Abdelrahman M109
    Last edited by Cleddau; 10-09-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehab did not get caught, but announced a retirement, which probably means he was also caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kashirina got EXCLUDED from the russian antidoping testing pool... I think it's because of the recent retests of old samples from Rusada. championat.com/other/news-3869941-prizjor-oi-tjazheloatletka-kashirina-iskljuchenija-iz-pula-testirovanija-rusada.html

4. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    Ehab did not get caught, but announced a retirement, which probably means he was also caught.
    He's 30 and can't compete for two years, that's sufficient already.

Post Thanks / Like
    it doesn't surprise me Tati isn't in that data. There was some article pointing out that data had been scrubbed. Or perhaps it was compartmentalized was my thinking.

Besides her, Okulov and Ruslan weren't in the pool.

and:

Tim Turieva , Oleg Chen , Anastasia Romanova, Anna Zubko, George Kuptsov, Alexander Matyushin, Vanik Mkrtumyan, Chingiz Mogushkov, Diana Mstieva, Lyubov Myshova, Konstantin Rossshupkin, Razmik Unanyan

chen, turieva, chingiz, rusland, mstieva all popped. Romanova previously popped in 2013.

https://rusada.ru/en/news/disqualification/ Last I counted over a dozen athletes have been disqualified this year. I think it was up to 15 or 16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Soooooo Egypt has to eat a 2 year ban in international competition..... and where is next year's Junior Worlds? Cairo.

A bit of a string of this going on at the moment.
    I just saw a media report that mentioned Egypt will withdraw itself from hosting the Junior Worlds next year

The NOC also announced that Egypt was withdrawing as hosts of next year's IWF Junior World Championships, which will move to another nation, possibly Turkmenistan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Russia even be at the Olympics next year?

An interesting article at ITG suggests that there's a good chance it won't be allowed to participate.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...31/wada-russia

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if it can be proven that Russia had testing pool data removed from those athletes, they are as good as gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    The IWF has been informed by COJAR, the Organizing Committee of the 12 th All African Games held between 24-30 August 2019 in Rabat, Morocco that the samples of 6 Egyptian Athletes have returned Adverse Analytical Finding. The IWF will not make any further comments on the case until they are closed.
    https://www.iwf.net/2019/10/10/public-disclosure-151/

And they can't be officially named why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I think if it can be proven that Russia had testing pool data removed from those athletes, they are as good as gone.
    You're conflating two unrelated stories:

a) RUSADA published the list of weightlifters in the NTP for the fourth quarter of 2019.

b) Some of RUSADA's athlete data was changed before submission to WADA, but the latest date for this occurance is Jan 2019.

Kashirina et al. is part of the first story because they were dropped from the NTP.
    They haven't been linked to the second story at all (so far).
    Last edited by erpel; 10-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.