Likes Likes:  405
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 294 of 299 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 2985

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished listening to the latest USAW podcast "Jan 17 - The Quarterly Phil-in: Olympic Hopefuls, Drug Testing, & BARS".

If you need an illustration of the closeness of the relationship between the IWF and USAW then this a good place to start. The podcast features the CEO of USAW (Phil Andrews) being asked numerous questions about the ARD documentary and in reply he provides over 30 minutes of answers without mentioning the allegations against the IWF President Tamas Ajan, or the questions raised in the documentary about the IWF senior leadership and its allegedly corrupt management of anti-doping results. Instead his replies are focussed entirely on the Thai lifter Gulnoi, the actions of the Moldovan team, and the problems with HUNADO i.e. the smallest and least important fish.

The culture of corruption within the IWF will never change until the organisation and the Federations which support it can admit to the role that the IWF senior leadership has played in facilitating said corruption.
    Last edited by Cleddau; 01-19-2020 at 02:54 AM.

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    I just finished listening to the latest USAW podcast "Jan 17 - The Quarterly Phil-in: Olympic Hopefuls, Drug Testing, & BARS".

If you need an illustration of the closeness of the relationship between the IWF and USAW then this a good place to start. The podcast features the CEO of USAW (Phil Andrews) being asked numerous questions about the ARD documentary and in reply he provides over 30 minutes of answers without mentioning the allegations against the IWF President Tamas Ajan, or the questions raised in the documentary about the IWF senior leadership and its allegedly corrupt management of anti-doping results. Instead his replies are focussed entirely on the Thai lifter Gulnoi, the actions of the Moldovan team, and the problems with HUNADO i.e. the smallest and least important fish.

The culture of corruption within the IWF will never change until the organisation and the Federations which support it can admit to the role that the IWF senior leadership has played in facilitating said corruption.
    Morning,

First, yes we have had a good relationship with the IWF over the last few years - this is how we were able to assist in naming Americans (and Canadians) to the Clean Sport Commission which ultimately suggested and implemented many of the anti-doping improvements - including the outsourcing of all anti-doping activity to the ITA which occured in 2018 and then a full handover in 2019. The ITA is owned by the IOC.

While in the podcast I didn't address the financial corruption, I have repeatedly called for independent investigations into the financial allegations as well as for WADA and the IOC to investigate as their relevant jurisdiction allows. These have primarily appeared in Inside The Games, which is the Olympic movement's most read media source and Around The Rings, its' major rival.

I've also said anyone found and proven culpable in said investigations (on finances OR doping) ought to face sanctions, regardless of who they are.

I actually believe HUNADO to be the biggest, or amongst the biggest issue, since HUNADO is still being currently contracted by the ITA. If there is corruption of doping testing by HUNADO testers this is an issue that can still be impacting Weightlifting today. I've seen first hand the poor processes they use compared to other anti-doping SCAs (Sample Collection Agencies).

The Thai issue is also not small fish in my opinion, the Coach in the Thai matter is the 1st Vice President of the IWF, if Ajan is removed then he becomes the President. There is also an allegation of child doping made by Gulnoi, who while admitting doping is also somewhat of a whistleblower in this situation and requires the protection of a whistleblower.

The issue around the Moldovan team is much smaller than either of those two, especially since the alleged athletes involved have later tested positive - but it links strongly to the HUNADO issues raised which to me again are amongst the most serious.

I didn't address test distribution, though it needs to be looked into why tests were distributed in the way alleged by ARD - but again since this is now managed by the ITA directly this should be less of a current issue for the sport. It warrants investigation and publication. The example athlete, Lasha Talakhadze, already proved his own testing record (albeit some of those tests conducted by the Georgian NADO), such publication would give everyone a lot more comfort in the anti-doping process.

Just to give my side of the story here.

Phil

6. Likes Bulldog73, Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PUBLIC DISCLOSURE
    The IWF reports that as a consequence of the International Olympic Committee’s re-analysis program in connection with the 2012 London Olympic Games, the urine sample of the following Athlete has returned Adverse Analytical Finding:

Mr. Gabriel Sîncrăian (ROU) – Stanozolol metabolites & Metenolone and metabolites (S1.1A Exogenous Anabolic Androgenic Steroids)
    https://www.iwf.net/2020/01/20/public-disclosure-159/

8. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oof. that's gonna hurt his online-squat-program sales bro.

or not

10. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post

or not
    At least people will know what they are missing in the program.

12. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously, Romania with a lot of sanctions.

14. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, someone will remind us all, what was the rule about the number of sanctions in the re-tests having an impact on country eligibility? Did Romania serve a year already? Does this test add to Romania's total?...... Basically, does this effect Toma?

Man, I just lose track of this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just moved Junior Worlds from Egypt there.

Neverending.

Post Thanks / Like
    ehh, already was sanctioned for 2016. I always he had a feeling he was trying to be UTR.

also sucks bc he bombed on Sn in London so it's just more salt in the wound.

at the end of the day, it will almost mean nothing. Lukanin and Olexsiy are still doing their thing besides Norik.