Likes Likes:  404
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2973

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the rule about the number of sanctions in the re-tests having an impact on country eligibility? Did Romania serve a year already? Does this test add to Romania's total?...... Basically, does this effect Toma?

Man, I just lose track of this stuff.
    The rule was 3 positives in the 18mos before the OG would mean suspension. Like Egypt and Thailand obviously.

If the IOC and IWF close the cases before Tokyo, Romania would be suspended from the OG. It's up in air whether that will actually happen before this summer.

2. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    The rule was 3 positives in the 18mos before the OG would mean suspension. Like Egypt and Thailand obviously.

If the IOC and IWF close the cases before Tokyo, Romania would be suspended from the OG. It's up in air whether that will actually happen before this summer.
    I guess one could argue that in the case of the London retests (Sincraian, Razavan), that the time of the 'sin' happened outside of the 18 month pre-2020-OG window. I know they had couple other recent AAFs (Dumitrascu, Iou).
    They might be OK ... its hard to keep track.

Maybe they're will be a huge glut of testing (retroactive, or otherwise) right AFTER Tokyo?
    Get that stuff ... ya know ... out of the way while its convenient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    ... besides Norik.
    was Norik ever sanctioned for stuff besides weed? Cause that was just nonsense. Weed probably aids performance as much as having a beer in the sauna to relax after training. Weed isnt putting kg on the bar.

i remember him talking about the armenian team and how PEDs are just part of it but i dont remember if he was ever sanctioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rawfeels View Post
    was Norik ever sanctioned for stuff besides weed? Cause that was just nonsense. Weed probably aids performance as much as having a beer in the sauna to relax after training. Weed isnt putting kg on the bar.

i remember him talking about the armenian team and how PEDs are just part of it but i dont remember if he was ever sanctioned.
    Norik was caught in the London 2012 retests for oral turinabol.

https://www.iwf.net/2016/10/05/public-disclosure-76/

Post Thanks / Like
    , switch on your CC.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suspensions of federations from re-tests and within the Tokyo qualification are two seperate avenues.

I believe only the former would apply. If you compare the time frame of the first disclosures in 2016 and the late 2017 suspensions Romania should be fine for the Olympics.

9. Likes mbasic, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamás Aján has been provisionally suspended for 90 days by the IWF Executive to allow an investigation into the allegations against him.

Ursula Papandrea will serve as the acting President until the end of the suspension period.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...-iwf-president

11. Likes mbasic, Bulldog73, Jason S, Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Tamás Aján has been provisionally suspended for 90 days by the IWF Executive to allow an investigation into the allegations against him.

Ursula Papandrea will serve as the acting President until the end of the suspension period.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...-iwf-president
    Things are going to get very interesting. I wonder if any other countries are getting annoyed that whenever there seems to be an issue or controversy it's USA that's being used to fill the gap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Things are going to get very interesting. I wonder if any other countries are getting annoyed that whenever there seems to be an issue or controversy it's USA that's being used to fill the gap.
    thinking the same thing. Team America - World Police

I'm sure Ursula has enough experience etc. I'm just wondering if she was voted in by the other countries, without self-nominating, or if this is just USAW inserting ourselves. We seem to be doing better these days in terms of positions at big meets (at least the females) and with a few promising juniors, all the "big" doping countries being excluded etc... the trend is likely to continue. But perception is a real thing. We're already "those guys" in the real world in the eyes of other countries. I'd rather not be those guys in weightlifting too. World Police i mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rawfeels View Post
    thinking the same thing. Team America - World Police

I'm sure Ursula has enough experience etc. I'm just wondering if she was voted in by the other countries, without self-nominating, or if this is just USAW inserting ourselves. We seem to be doing better these days in terms of positions at big meets (at least the females) and with a few promising juniors, all the "big" doping countries being excluded etc... the trend is likely to continue. But perception is a real thing. We're already "those guys" in the real world in the eyes of other countries. I'd rather not be those guys in weightlifting too. World Police i mean.
    I agree with this ^
    BUT, this is just a 90 day interm appointment. Lets not read into that too much.
    Its probably a good move on IWF's part:
    "oh look, we made the pro-drug-test American woman the president (code for just a figurehead)"
    under their breath: "....for 90 days ha ha ha. were not going to vote on anything substantial during this time of course"
    "See IOC, we doin' whats right!"

Now if that gets to be a full time appointment, well, yeah everyone will bitch.
    Probably can't have a German in there either.
    I seriously doubt she'll get voted/appointment in as full time president.
    I bet she doesn't really want anything to do with that.

15. Likes Blairbob liked this post