Likes Likes:  324
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2797

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Under/over Lasha winning by 50 kilos in Tokyo? I'm taking the over.
    depends whether Seim or Reis get back to health. Pencil in Lasha up to 490 but those two can do 435-440. More if they are peaking in their top shape and they have 9mo to get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    depends whether Seim or Reis get back to health. Pencil in Lasha up to 490 but those two can do 435-440. More if they are peaking in their top shape and they have 9mo to get back.
    Sooooooo I put you down for $50?

3. Dislikes Blairbob disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am ever the optimist at times, I'm not counting out Seim or Reis, who I both like.

Also $50 is a lot of beef to me.

5. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.iwf.net/2019/11/05/public-disclosure-154/

IWF reports that the sample of Ms. Chika Joy Amalaha (NGR) has returned an Adverse Analytical Finding for Metandienone metabolites (S1.1A Exogenous AAS).
    Second positive for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another entry for the hall of shame. Ravi Kumar Katulu (IND) appears to have been given a four year ban by the Indian domestic testing agency.

He was a Commonwealth Gold and Silver medalist (so not a nobody).

8. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Olympic Hopeful hits the skids. This time it is Chika Amalaha (NGR) who was on track to take the African continental qualification spot for W55 at Tokyo:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...an-eight-years

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic.../weightlifting

Jaloud said his quest was to have zero doping at Tokyo 2020, and he took heart from the fact that there had been no positives at the 2019 IWF World Championships in Thailand in September.
    Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they want zero positives in Tokyo then they should take notes from the McLaren report and basically repeat the shit show of doping control that happened in Rio (not enough chaperones and DCO's and samples not collected). I hope people lost their jobs for that, right on the heels of all the WADA revelations and they tested almost nobody.

From memory there was basically Sincrain on full blast and I seem to remember one central asian lifter was on Strychnine or something crazy? IWF must have breathed the biggest sigh of relief to dodge a bullet in Rio. Knowing what we know now, you have to look at Thailand's 4 medals with enormous suspicion and Kazakstan.... yes THAT Kazakhstan won 6 medals in Rio. Imagine if those 10 medals had have all been taken away for positive tests..... think WL would still be on the 2024 schedule?

12. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Knowing what we know now, you have to look at Thailand's 4 medals with enormous suspicion and Kazakstan.... yes THAT Kazakhstan won 6 medals in Rio. Imagine if those 10 medals had have all been taken away for positive tests..... think WL would still be on the 2024 schedule?
    Knowing what we knew then, it was ridiculous. Off the top of my head, 2 of those 6 Kazakh medalists had prior sanctions (Ulanov and Zaichikov).

Not doping related, but Rahimov also benefited from an early down signal.

14. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was the last time there were no failed tests from a WWC? I can't remember, even in the "dark ages" of like 2011 there were a few seemingly random ones.

How does a regional comp like the African Games have better (?) testing than the prime WL event of the year?