Likes Likes:  430
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 284 of 306 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3051

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by strapping View Post
    Does anyone remember what Kashirina's 2008 positive was for? I've done a quick search but nothing is coming up except for the fact that she was banned for 2 years.
    Her positive was in 2006 (ended in 2008; I can remember watching her compete at the 2009 senior worlds and wondering where she came from).

Can't remember what her sanction was for though; I want to say a common anabolic steroid like stanozolol or dianabol but that may be my brain making shit up. I also did a quick search, but to no avail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone remember what Kashirina's 2008 positive was for? I've done a quick search but nothing is coming up except for the fact that she was banned for 2 years.
    She was fifteen at the time of the ADRV so it's possible that no details have ever been published.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been reading through some the archived jurisprudence from TAS/CAS.

There's not a huge amount of material there but some of the material is fascinating like this unfortunate case in which GOLTSOVA Daria (RUS) was banned for a year for drinking herbal tea at the Youth World Champs in Lima.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kasharina's sanction was...http://wlforums.com/forums/showthrea...ll=1#post54233

once, many moons ago I did dig up something that said it was for methenolone. It also goes by Primobolan. That was after the fact when I thought it was for DBOL/methandienone

Post Thanks / Like
    There's not a huge amount of material there but some of the material is fascinating like this unfortunate case in which GOLTSOVA Daria (RUS) was banned for a year for drinking herbal tea at the Youth World Champs in Lima.
    Coca tea is pretty common in Peru, especially in the hills and mtns. Many ppl start to get altitude sickness in Macchu Picchu so they serve coca tea. It's not uncommon for some Peruvians to also chew on the leaves in little pouches they have on their person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah methenolone. Surprised it doesn't show up more often, given that so many athletes are supported by state funded doping.

Certainly it would be nice for people to use a drug that wrecked them less... before weightlifting gets removed from the Olympics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Tatiana, and with Russia now banned from the entire Olympics, China will have a greater likelihood of having a lifter in the 87+kg class. Li Wenwen or Meng Suping. Wenwen seems to have the upper hand right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes unless she gets hit by a car, Li Wenwen is a lock-in for the Olympic gold. Meng is well past her prime and Li is still getting better. Is there any chance of Kashirina being entered as an independent athlete?

China has a two athlete lock on 49 and 55, with the arguable GOAT female weightlifter in 64. Now that Kashirina seems to be out of the picture, Li seems like a good option to China, considering she's so far ahead of any competition.

76 has Rim Jong Sim going for gold and 87 has Kim Un-ju and (possibly) Eileen Cikamatana close to gold, if Cikamatana somehow gets included for Tokyo.

Which would be super cool, but seems unlikely (as unlikely as Kashirina competing as an independent tbh lmao)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any chance of Kashirina being entered as an independent athlete?
    Seems unlikely given that Kashirina has already served a doping ban. My understanding is that only athletes who can demonstrate a lifetime of clean participation are eligible for consideration as independent entrants.

Eileen Cikamatana close to gold, if Cikamatana somehow gets included for Tokyo.
    I noticed Cikamatana is on the start list as a W81 for the Tianjin World Cup event later this week. Will be interesting to watch how she goes at the lighter bodyweight. Will we see more Junior World Records?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Coca tea is pretty common in Peru, especially in the hills and mtns. Many ppl start to get altitude sickness in Macchu Picchu so they serve coca tea. It's not uncommon for some Peruvians to also chew on the leaves in little pouches they have on their person.
    Which makes a lot of sense.

I only mentioned it because it shows the gulf which lies between the reported ADRV for "Cocaine" and the reality of inadvertently choosing the wrong herbal tea from a buffet at a hotel.