Likes Likes:  434
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 307 of 308 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3075

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting quote in a recent ITG article:

"In the first quarter of 2020 the International Testing Agency (ITA), which has the responsibility to implement our testing regime, tested 446 samples, a huge number.

"But in the second quarter they only tested 44, of which 19 were Chinese-– so only 25 for the whole of the rest of the world.

This - I think - goes some way to explaining why were no positive tests at the 2019 World Championships (which were held during the second period of qualifying). It would seem that the IWF was testing almost nobody at all during that period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting quote in a recent ITG article. It seems that international testing has largely been suspended due to the Coronavirus pandemic:

"In the first quarter of 2020 the International Testing Agency (ITA), which has the responsibility to implement our testing regime, tested 446 samples, a huge number.

"But in the second quarter they only tested 44, of which 19 were Chinese-– so only 25 for the whole of the rest of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Interesting quote in a recent ITG article:

This - I think - goes some way to explaining why were no positive tests at the 2019 World Championships (which were held during the second period of qualifying). It would seem that the IWF was testing almost nobody at all during that period.
    They're talking about 2020 not 2019. The reason there's no tests in Q2 is the pandemic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanJM View Post
    They're talking about 2020 not 2019. The reason there's no tests in Q2 is the pandemic.
    Yes - that's why I edited my post within a minute of submitting it.

Edit - Just tested this and it seems that if you've got forum notifications enabled then the edits don't come through.
    Last edited by Cleddau; 10-12-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should we just call this dirty laundry day for the IWF? We have a new interim President.

There appears to be A LOT going on behind the scenes right now.

6. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Should we just call this dirty laundry day for the IWF? We have a new interim President.

Unbelievable. The new interim President is from Thailand.

I genuinely believe that Tokyo will be the last time the Olympic program includes Weightlifting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Unbelievable. The new interim President is from Thailand.

I genuinely believe that Tokyo will be the last time the Olympic program includes Weightlifting.
    Seriously, IS THERE NO ONE ELSE other than the guy who was the head of the federation banned out of even trying to get a lifter to Tokyo? and the actual coach of the actual lifter featured in the German documentary that started all of this? I can hear John Oliver satirizing the shit out of this already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post

It appears that this meeting may not be official and this appointing not valid. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this

10. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welp, shit.

I hate to be negative, but I wouldn't say this means WL in Paris has a good chance, especially WL in LA in 2028.

all because of these fuckers from these 7 nations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    It appears that this meeting may not be official and this appointing not valid. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this
    Ursula Papandrea has resigned from the Executive Board:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...ea-quits-board