Likes Likes:  282
Dislikes Dislikes:  9
Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262 LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2616

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the links and the explanation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lin Tzu Chi's 4th place from Ashgabat has already been deleted, quite quick!

https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/results_by_events/?event=441

So Toma will be 3rd eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    So Toma will be 3rd eventually.
    Good to see clean lifters get the medals they earned!

/s
    If I link to Weightlifting House a lot, that's because I'm the editor there. I want your weightlifting news!

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Older story, but back in December 2016 seven Egyptian lifters failed tests. Inside the Games mentioned it from time to time, but there was no progress until recently. By now two of them are sanctioned for dianabol, but what happened to the other five? Out of sight, out of mind. Just one of those cases which annoy me.

Post Thanks / Like
    By now two of them are sanctioned for dianabol, but what happened to the other five? .
    The other five were minors, so are exempt from disclosure of the outcomes of their cases.

It would be good to find out what the final decision in the case against Egypt as a nation was. It's clear that no national suspension has so far been imposed but I wonder if there has been a fine at least.

Actually, that case may not even have been decided yet. It was supposed to be heard by the Independent Member Federations Sanctions Panel. I haven't seen any information about who is on it yet, so it's possible it doesn't exist yet.

The IMFSP came in with the new IWF anti-doping policy, which was announced as coming into force a few days ago so it's possible that the Egypt case might be the first duty of the panel when it is formed.
    If I link to Weightlifting House a lot, that's because I'm the editor there. I want your weightlifting news!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had this topic before, minors are excluded from disclosures but not the final sanctions. There are several lifters who were underage at the given date on the IWF list, e.g. Hakimie Muhamad MAS who was 16.

That's not it. There's no public explanation which - again - is annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    14.3.6 The mandatory Public Reporting required in
    14.3.2 shall not be required where the Athlete
    or other Person who has been found to have
    committed an anti-doping rule violation is a
    Minor. Any optional Public Reporting in a case
    involving a Minor shall be proportionate to the
    facts and circumstances of the case.
    14.3.2 referred to here is the requirement for reporting the outcome of anti-doping cases:

14.3.2 No later than twenty days after it has been
    determined in a final appellate decision under
    Article 13.2.1 or 13.2.2, or such appeal has
    been waived, or a hearing in accordance with
    Article 8 has been waived, or the assertion of an
    anti-doping rule violation has not otherwise been
    timely challenged, the Anti-Doping Organization
    responsible for results management must
    Publicly Report the disposition of the anti-doping
    matter including the sport, the anti-doping
    rule violated, the name of the Athlete or other
    Person committing the violation, the Prohibited
    Substance or Prohibited Method involved and the
    Consequences imposed. The same Anti-Doping
    Organization must also Publicly Report within
    twenty days the results of final appeal decisions
    concerning anti-doping rule violations, including
    the information described above.
    So, the athletes involved may well have been sanctioned but there is no requirement for us to be told about it.

Details of the Malaysian sixteen-year-old must have been published under 'optional Public Reporting'. That's not something we can expect for every case under the rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    While your interpretation can be read as correct, there's still no concrete evidence this in fact how the IWF handles these cases.

Counter point: Muhamad MAS was just an example, not the only one. Dimitrova BUL, Shahabandaz IRI or Popovici ROU were all underage as well. And these too are not the only ones on the sanction page.

I'm not certain about my statement, but to me the evidence and counter evidence is not conclusive.

As a side note, not reporting specific sanctions of minors could also mess with (the public perception of) the anti-doping policy of the Tokyp 2020 qualification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Older story, but back in December 2016 seven Egyptian lifters failed tests. Inside the Games mentioned it from time to time, but there was no progress until recently. By now two of them are sanctioned for dianabol, but what happened to the other five? Out of sight, out of mind. Just one of those cases which annoy me.
    The most memorable thing about that case was the Egyptian National Team Coach blaming the positive tests on contaminated icecream.

11. Likes Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thirty lifters have been prevented from competing at the Arafura Games due to incomplete ADAMs whereabouts information.

Source: it was discussed at the VFE meeting for the event.

13. Likes Blairbob, Hawkpeter liked this post