Likes Likes:  272
Dislikes Dislikes:  9
Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260
Results 2,591 to 2,596 of 2596

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the links and the explanation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lin Tzu Chi's 4th place from Ashgabat has already been deleted, quite quick!

https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/results_by_events/?event=441

So Toma will be 3rd eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    So Toma will be 3rd eventually.
    Good to see clean lifters get the medals they earned!

/s
    If I link to Weightlifting House a lot, that's because I'm the editor there. I want your weightlifting news!

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Older story, but back in December 2016 seven Egyptian lifters failed tests. Inside the Games mentioned it from time to time, but there was no progress until recently. By now two of them are sanctioned for dianabol, but what happened to the other five? Out of sight, out of mind. Just one of those cases which annoy me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    By now two of them are sanctioned for dianabol, but what happened to the other five? .
    The other five were minors, so are exempt from disclosure of the outcomes of their cases.

It would be good to find out what the final decision in the case against Egypt as a nation was. It's clear that no national suspension has so far been imposed but I wonder if there has been a fine at least.

Actually, that case may not even have been decided yet. It was supposed to be heard by the Independent Member Federations Sanctions Panel. I haven't seen any information about who is on it yet, so it's possible it doesn't exist yet.

The IMFSP came in with the new IWF anti-doping policy, which was announced as coming into force a few days ago so it's possible that the Egypt case might be the first duty of the panel when it is formed.
    If I link to Weightlifting House a lot, that's because I'm the editor there. I want your weightlifting news!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had this topic before, minors are excluded from disclosures but not the final sanctions. There are several lifters who were underage at the given date on the IWF list, e.g. Hakimie Muhamad MAS who was 16.

That's not it. There's no public explanation which - again - is annoying.