Likes Likes:  287
Dislikes Dislikes:  9
Page 262 of 264 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2634

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I’ve understood it Weightlifting is fine as long as there is no crazy amount of positives at the Games like there was in ‘08 and ‘12. IOC only seems to care about positives in the Games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on where they are in their career being on to lift 200kg doesn't seem outrageous to me (shrugs)...

Post Thanks / Like
    And on a not-so-related (but i thought was cute) note... Canada's favorite CPU powerlifter just got popped... a DAY away from competing at Worlds (where he'd likely have been top-3). Kelly Branton, SHW, 900+squatter. Not just a sarms or shady stim pop... Dbol, winstrol, and two sarms. Its not weightlifting, but this is MASSIVE for the CPU...

4. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    As far as I’ve understood it Weightlifting is fine as long as there is no crazy amount of positives at the Games like there was in ‘08 and ‘12. IOC only seems to care about positives in the Games.
    I’ve been told that the IOC is also extremely sensitive to the optics of Olympic medals being returned and bestowed outside of the official Games medal ceremonies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    And on a not-so-related (but i thought was cute) note... Canada's favorite CPU powerlifter just got popped... a DAY away from competing at Worlds (where he'd likely have been top-3). Kelly Branton, SHW, 900+squatter. Not just a sarms or shady stim pop... Dbol, winstrol, and two sarms. Its not weightlifting, but this is MASSIVE for the CPU...
    The World's least believable Instagram post.

7. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    The World's least believable Instagram post.
    But dude... THE COMMENTS... . . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Announced it a day before worlds but obviously not the day he was caught. Either way his post was embarassing. No way it wasnt intentional use.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Antidopingscience IG page has some interesting follow up on the Kelly Branton case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    The Antidopingscience IG page has some interesting follow up on the Kelly Branton case.

Heh... nice try, but thats a hard nope. The CPU specifically has a hate-on for users, and they are anal about their 'cleanliness'. And by that i mean, the ones at the top ALL know each other, are friends with each other, and help each other out, and there is not one single athlete among them that is ignorant ov shady supplements. Not one. Some ov the lengths some ov these people go through to avoid this risk is absurd. Kelly is the most important lifter in the CPU. He did not take any shady supplements. For one, there is no need. The performance difference between some basic legal creatine/stim supplement, and the hardest core WADA-shady spiked supp is beyond miniscule. If there was an actual performance advantage to taking a shady supp, maybe, but there isn't. These guys all know drugs, whether they use them or not, and if they're going to risk, they'll do it with a (relatively) known element, like actual PED's, not some Gaspari factory concoction that obviously cant list anything important in its mix.

An enemy skiing his drink is always possible, but come on... the guy squats more than pretty much any weightlifting SHW out there...

I give the guy credit for not crying crocodile tears and screaming 'tainted supplements', like the rest ov the fake natty losers that get tagged. He said the shit was in his system, he didn't know how, and that was it. The fact he's not appealing it speaks too.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a good explanation on ITG as to how Ilya Ilyin escaped an eight year ban for the second of his two doping offences.

It appears to have been a procedural error made by the IWF. I have never seen this mentioned before.

"When he was provisionally suspended in 2016 it seemed he would be banned for eight years, as he tested positive twice – but escaped with a two-year ban.

The International Olympic Committee sent notification of his 2012 positive to the National Olympic Committee of Kazakhstan in June 2016, a few days before they then sent news of the Beijing positive.

Because the notifications were the wrong way round, Ilyin avoided, on a technicality, what would have been effectively a lifetime ban."