Likes Likes:  431
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 297 of 306 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3056

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Exclusive: Angry Board members may move to formally suspend Aján as IWF President

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...-weightlifting
    noooowwwww we're getting somewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post
    noooowwwww we're getting somewhere
    NOT exactly; my worst fear is that some Russian attains presidency (fox guarding the hen house), AND you think the graft and corruption has been bad now...if that happens kiss our sport goodbye
    The best scenario is a board and president from nations with strict doping controls...no exceptions....While in Thailand (oct) for the worlds I was told about this expose on Ajan was coming in the new year. I could only reply its been long over due by maybe 20 yrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say it should be a Japanese or South Korean nomination. Regardless of what anyone thinks or believes, they are the only two countries to have zero anti-doping violations in weightlifting internationally. I do not believe any other country can say that.

4. Likes Blairbob, Hawkpeter, Bulldog73, psstein liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Italy only has one doping sanction in WADA existence. I was thinking it would be Irani though. Great Britain has zero on the sanction page. Sonny's was an internal positive I think.

I don't know shit about Lundahl really but if you want to have an anti doping stance, you can't really have Vlad or Dimas as the face. And the same goes for Jaloud since Iraq has 16 positives since 2000. Finland has 2.

Okada could be a possibility though relatively unheard of and not on the EB. Or Chinen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I don't know shit about Lundahl really but if you want to have an anti doping stance, you can't really have Vlad or Dimas as the face. And the same goes for Jaloud since Iraq has 16 positives since 2000. Finland has 2.
    Lundahl is a great spokesperson for the sport. I met her several times when I trained at Spoon Barbell in Richardson, TX. They were pretty good friends with Tom Witherspoon (owner of gym), Richard Flemming (coach) and several of us lifters. She's very anti-doping

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    NOT exactly; my worst fear is that some Russian attains presidency (fox guarding the hen house), AND you think the graft and corruption has been bad now...if that happens kiss our sport goodbye
    The best scenario is a board and president from nations with strict doping controls...no exceptions....While in Thailand (oct) for the worlds I was told about this expose on Ajan was coming in the new year. I could only reply its been long over due by maybe 20 yrs.
    I doubt the russian or the thai dude is getting in there as president.

And they both probably know that, and would concede themselves to the fact that they're not, for the obvious reasons.

So surprising (or not) the russian guy has been vocal about Ajan as of late.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Agapitov feels that the IWF has constantly singled out and punished Russia even in their attempts to change their infrastructure to accommodate for all the failures and exposure to the state-sanctioned doping programs.

10. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Thailand, the now deleted records set by Srisurat etc. haven't been updated yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    IWF reports that the sample of Mr. Georgios MARKOULAS (GRE) has returned an Adverse Analytical Finding for Methyltestosterone metabolite (S1.1A Exogenous AAS).
    https://www.iwf.net/2020/02/11/public-disclosure-161/