Likes Likes:  248
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 2 of 243 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 2421

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

  1. #11
    Member thatmoutain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow View Post
    Yeah, they only manufacture the bulk of pharmaceutical ingredients for the world, they don't use them.......
    very good point.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post
    A little off topic. Anyone else read the WADA report on Russia....kinda hilarious the extent Russia go thru to skate around the system. So called witch hunt might be deserved.

    https://www.wada-ama.org/en/resource...ussian-testing
    And it doesn't even mention that Nikita Kamaev, the guy who was running RUSADA up until November 2015 died all of a sudden of a heart attack, and the guy he replaced died a year before that.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow View Post
    Yeah, they only manufacture the bulk of pharmaceutical ingredients for the world, they don't use them.......
    I didn't say they were clean. Their program is just likely not dependent on drugs to the same extent that others are.

  4. #14
    Member Bulldog73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdworldsquat View Post
    I didn't say they were clean. Their program is just likely not dependent on drugs to the same extent that others are.
    I would tend to agree with you here. Also, I'm betting that the Chinese might be utilizing straight test over the other anabolic compounds and just monitoring ratios. Much easier to manipulate in my mind.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdworldsquat View Post
    I didn't say they were clean. Their program is just likely not dependent on drugs to the same extent that others are.
    The govt is helping them taper and divert WADA officials that can get to the athletes in the first place. By the time they reach them for testing they have been cleared of the drug from their bodies. Chinese labs have most likely used new manipulated formulas to circumvent current drug tests like the previous world athletes did with Turinabol, this makes even more sense considering they produce so many pharmaceutical drugs for big pharma companies around the world. These two tiers of defense allows them to never get caught. Genetically speaking despite the Han Chinese ethnic group being large in the billions, they do not have a lot of genetic variation in comparison to the rest of the world, so their gene pool is not as large as you think. It pales in comparison to the African continent, and most of Europe. What i will concede is that they have an amazing training program, and trainers that specifically know how to tailor, and develop talented athletes at a young age.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdworldsquat View Post
    I didn't say they were clean. Their program is just likely not dependent on drugs to the same extent that others are.
    The only thing we really know is they lost two lifters in '10, one in and one out of comp. They were not sanctioned again for another five years, until another two in '15, also one in and one out of comp.

  7. #17
    Member JasonF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brooks, AB
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illya just posted this on Instagram (google translated it)

    The information, sounded to me like a bolt from the blue.

    According to the rules of International Weightlifting Federation, all the information about me is in the international system «ADAMS», which is painted every day of my life by the clock, showing the location, regardless of the process of training or leisure. I always open and available to inspectors Anti-Doping Agency, and already this year, double-handed doping control, in Poland, where he was at the training camp in Almaty.

    As you know, no international competition also goes by without doping - control. And I, like all athletes, hand over doping tests since 2004. And always the result was negative.

    I continue to prepare for the Olympic Games in Rio and intends to follow through.

    Sport management was involved in the process as much as possible and I think the end of June will be known result. I have until mid-July, in time to apply for participation in the Olympics.

    I think we can prove the absurdity and inconsistency of the accusations addressed to me.

    No matter what decisions will be made about me, I want you to know that almost 20 years of his short life I spent in the gym, exercising to the pain, the blood of 3 workouts per day. I always felt on his shoulders the responsibility to his country, to its people and always fought only for the victory. All these years, you have supported me in difficult times and joyful. I hope for your support today.

    Your Ilya Ilyin

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    And it doesn't even mention that Nikita Kamaev, the guy who was running RUSADA up until November 2015 died all of a sudden of a heart attack, and the guy he replaced died a year before that.
    woops!

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by senri View Post
    The govt is helping them taper and divert WADA officials that can get to the athletes in the first place. By the time they reach them for testing they have been cleared of the drug from their bodies. Chinese labs have most likely used new manipulated formulas to circumvent current drug tests like the previous world athletes did with Turinabol, this makes even more sense considering they produce so many pharmaceutical drugs for big pharma companies around the world. These two tiers of defense allows them to never get caught. Genetically speaking despite the Han Chinese ethnic group being large in the billions, they do not have a lot of genetic variation in comparison to the rest of the world, so their gene pool is not as large as you think. It pales in comparison to the African continent, and most of Europe. What i will concede is that they have an amazing training program, and trainers that specifically know how to tailor, and develop talented athletes at a young age.
    Well one thing I will add from the camp I did in China is they were very upfront about how important elite level genetics are. There was none of this "we look for a fighting spirit" and "competitiveness" and "drive to train" more than physical prowess. We were told genetics ranked higher on importance than a training programme. As far as they were concerned if you weren't a freak genetic specimen and you didn't start training when you were very young then you will never have a chance to go far in this sport.

    As for genetic variation, it might not be a bad thing when the traits they tend to exhibit are shorter legs. A lot of them tend to be natural squatters, my girlfriend is Chinese and I was amazed how quickly she picked up squats. She's 22, never done much of any physical activity in her life but she had virtually perfect squat form naturally and was already stronger than a lot of the gym girls after a few months squatting very casually once a week.

    I think 3rdWorldSquat has it right. They are much pickier about their athletes than any other country and they have a huge pool of weightlifters to grant high competition combined with very high incentive to represent their country. I'm not saying they are all lifetime clean but I do think they can afford to be much safer than other countries due to all the advantages and funding they get. If it was just a matter of more sophisticated compounds then there's a good chance we'd see Chinese lifters get flagged from 2008 now more sophisticated testing methods are being used.

    Another thing I would add is that my observation of the training system was that it is very doable for a clean lifter. Nothing close to the crazy stuff I've seen from some other countries. I was actually surprised by how little they did in training. Normally only 2 main exercises a session then some light accessory stuff and bodybuilding. The women did crazy amounts though.
    Last edited by Oxman; 06-16-2016 at 04:45 AM.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdworldsquat View Post
    The Chinese program is likely just not as dependent on PED use as are the programs of a lot of these other countries. Their success seems to be driven by their immense talent pool as opposed to blasting people full of drugs.
    LOL what??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •