Likes Likes:  262
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2532

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    will Thailand lose the WWC?
    Will be decided early March, the IWF has a meeting in Las Vegas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    Anyone seen all the TRX stuff Ilya has been doing lately? think he's training for competition or just fitness? seems to squat, trx, then snatch, then trx, then jerk, then trx. thoughts?
    Ilyin is done. He will never match the current 96s or 109s without turinabol and friends. The fitness/instagram brand is kept alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.usada.org/rachel-campbel...ping-sanction/

why does a refusal to submit in November take until February to get a ban? you can't take a refusal to arbitration can you?
    Dunno but she already pissed hot in CrossFit for oxandrolone (Anavar).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    Anyone seen all the TRX stuff Ilya has been doing lately? think he's training for competition or just fitness? seems to squat, trx, then snatch, then trx, then jerk, then trx. thoughts?
    Or someone trying to fix a back injury, I guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    why does a refusal to submit in November take until February to get a ban?
    It's a slow process to begin with, and also -

you can't take a refusal to arbitration can you?
    Depends on the circumstances of the refusal. There was a case years ago involving a Canadian wrestler who refused to piss because they showed up during regular training time for her team, but she had already finished training because she had just started a new job she was about to leave for. She said if she didn't leave she'd get fired, they said once you've been notified you have to piss whether you sign the form or not, she said she had changed her one hour period of availability to earlier in the morning so she didn't have to piss, etc. etc. She wound up leaving without signing anything, got slapped with a sanction, appealed it, and despite her boss saying "yeah I might have fired her if she showed up late" the sanction was upheld.

tldr You can take it to arbitration over whether or not you had reasonable grounds to refuse to provide a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Dunno but she already pissed hot in CrossFit for oxandrolone (Anavar).
    That sort of thing is annoying, but I have a hard time shitting on volunteers for not knowing whether or not a particular athlete in a local/regional competition is currently serving a sanction or has recently tested positive in another sport which may or may not fall under the WADA/CCES/USADA/etc umbrella.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty;
    Depends on the circumstances of the refusal. There was a case years ago involving a Canadian wrestler who refused to piss because they showed up during regular training time for her team, but she had already finished training because she had just started a new job she was about to leave for. She said if she didn't leave she'd get fired, they said once you've been notified you have to piss whether you sign the form or not, she said she had changed her one hour period of availability to earlier in the morning so she didn't have to piss, etc. etc. She wound up leaving without signing anything, got slapped with a sanction, appealed it, and despite her boss saying "yeah I might have fired her if she showed up late" the sanction was upheld.

tldr You can take it to arbitration over whether or not you had reasonable grounds to refuse to provide a sample.
    On that particular point, WADA don't win friends some times by turning up at times outside the window the athlete elects on their ADAMS. I had a lifter have to wake up late and give blood and urine the day before they were supposed to hit their heaviest lifting day of their training block, 2 weeks out from an international comp. Then the phlembotomist couldn't find a vein in one arm so had to attack the other one as well, after midnight before they were finished - very close to going to the hospital such was the bleeding and vein damage. Needless to say, we didn't lift the next day, in fact we took 3 days off. Considering how few positives come from blood, I was mighty pissed off. Take blood AFTER a comp if you're trying to keep up to date with biological passport, not 2 weeks before an international comp which is viewable through ADAMS and I assume why that info is there in the first place.

So it has crossed my mind when a WADA request is so friggin inconvenient that your mind wanders considering your rights in needing to comply. Thankfully they all do the right thing, but sheesh. WADA affiliates don't do themselves any favours some times with their conduct.
    Last edited by Hawkpeter; 02-11-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    It's a slow process to begin with, and also -

That sort of thing is annoying, but I have a hard time shitting on volunteers for not knowing whether or not a particular athlete in a local/regional competition is currently serving a sanction or has recently tested positive in another sport which may or may not fall under the WADA/CCES/USADA/etc umbrella.

That's a bull-shit excuse if i've ever heard one. I know for a fact USADA will follow you once they find you and go wherever you need to go. I've had USADA reps sit in class with me when I was training at LSUS because I didn't have to pee yet and when I was ready they followed me to the bathroom and I pissed in a cup for them. I know Kendrick has had them follow him around and even ride with him to the gym/home in the past.

That woman could have easily just said ok follow me/ride with me to work and i can take a piss when i'm ready.

8. Likes jockomoron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    USADA isn’t the Canadian anti doping agency or other anti doping agencies.

10. Likes PVCPipe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hutchinson View Post
    That's a bull-shit excuse if i've ever heard one. I know for a fact USADA will follow you once they find you and go wherever you need to go. I've had USADA reps sit in class with me when I was training at LSUS because I didn't have to pee yet and when I was ready they followed me to the bathroom and I pissed in a cup for them. I know Kendrick has had them follow him around and even ride with him to the gym/home in the past.

That woman could have easily just said ok follow me/ride with me to work and i can take a piss when i'm ready.
    In the case I mentioned it wasn't USADA, it was CCES (Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport, handles antidoping in Canada). Though that's what she said too; I have to go to work and you have to follow me there. She wasn't the only one getting tested that day though; there were 5 other athletes on the team who were supposed to be tested at practice that day and only one chaperone and one doping control officer so they could not reasonably have someone follow her across the city. In any case, she didn't try to work out a solution and just took off, and both the CCES and the arbitrator agreed with you (and me) that her actions were worthy of a suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Actually, I'm kind of amazed that North Korean anti-doping was EVER compliant.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post