Likes Likes:  325
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 264 of 280 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2797

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Moradi popped for Methadone some years back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Life in India certainly is pain...

Post Thanks / Like
    according to a google search, morphine is only detectable on average for 3 days for urine and 4 for saliva. only 12hrs by blood. However, by hair it's 90 days.

I looked up methadone too. for blood, 2-3days. saliva, 2. urine, 2 weeks, hair 90 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    according to a google search, morphine is only detectable on average for 3 days for urine and 4 for saliva. only 12hrs by blood. However, by hair it's 90 days.

I looked up methadone too. for blood, 2-3days. saliva, 2. urine, 2 weeks, hair 90 days.
    Not only that, but its not banned out of competition for weightlifting, somebody didn't get their TUE's in order or exceeded the limits.

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    USAW and USADA have confirmed that they're continuing the pilot program for blood-spot testing:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...tlifting-event

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    USAW and USADA have confirmed that they're continuing the pilot program for blood-spot testing:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...tlifting-event
    Someone is going to have to help me out on this one - isn't it the case that nearly 100% of adverse findings come from urine analysis? Unless I am very much mistaken, WADA catch next to no weightlifters via blood testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Someone is going to have to help me out on this one - isn't it the case that nearly 100% of adverse findings come from urine analysis? Unless I am very much mistaken, WADA catch next to no weightlifters via blood testing.
    Athletes who got popped for HGH were caught via blood testing e.g. Pat Mendes.

10. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Internationally it isn't worth it.

Every funding for blood isn't going to urine (great sentence).

In 2017 there were 155 positives from ~9000 urine tests and 0 from ~1600 blood tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Internationally it isn't worth it.

Every funding for blood isn't going to urine (great sentence).

In 2017 there were 155 positives from ~9000 urine tests and 0 from ~1600 blood tests.
    Surely the calculation needs to be more nuanced than simply looking at the number of failed tests?

Knowing that blood samples are being drawn and stored will presumably have the effect of discouraging the use of certain PEDs.

Post Thanks / Like
    The benefits of DBS is that it's cheap. No blood collection officer or phlebotomist. No cold storage costs. No cold shipping costs to a WADA lab. No potential to fuck up a draw like Kathleen Winters had to deal with.

https://www.zrtlab.com/media/1441/zr...ne-testing.pdf

So you can do far more tests than you could otherwise with urine or blood draws.

I'm having a helluva time pulling up what a DBS test cost per individual, but I've been told blood costs around $1000/test and urine is a few hundred at the end of the day (Mind you, the tests themselves don't cost that much but that's what USADA charges with having a phlebotomist, someone to collect the blood, storage, and cold shipping.) This is what I was quoted back in 2015.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightli...of-DBS-Testing

I'll see about asking the Phil and maybe he remembers offhand how many DBS tests were done at 2018 AO3.

14. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post