Likes Likes:  411
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 300 of 301 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3002

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    "That got away"?
    I'm just busting your balls, man. Who knew you Canucks were so ambivalent about it?

Maybe the Nevada desert wasn't such a bad suggestion.
    Viva Las Vegas! With their new stadium there ya go!

I would say a lot of the US states aren't exactly fond of each other but at the end of the day, the US comes together in solidarity. Canadian provinces pretty much seem to dislike each other and don't seem to think of themselves as one country at all. Very much like pre Civil War US. If they could get by without each other, they would.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I'm just busting your balls, man. Who knew you Canucks were so ambivalent about it?
    I figured you were, I'm just too tired at the moment to come up with a proper comedic ball-bustin response, and went right for the throat with the anthem.

Viva Las Vegas! With their new stadium there ya go!
    All of team China in their matching track suits celebrating a full team's worth of gold medals by making it rain at the Palomino.

I would say a lot of the US states aren't exactly fond of each other but at the end of the day, the US comes together in solidarity. Canadian provinces pretty much seem to dislike each other and don't seem to think of themselves as one country at all. Very much like pre Civil War US. If they could get by without each other, they would.
    I'd rather not get into politics. Suffice it to say I don't live in the same province I was born in, consider myself Canadian before I consider myself a member of any one province, and most people I personally talk to are fairly reasonable.

But anybody who thinks Alberta should leave Canada, or legitimately believes in Wexit, is ignorant or an idiot.

. . .

You're going to have to help me segue this back into weightlifting.

3. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well how about this?

I was bullshitting via messenger with a buddy yesterday where he joked, "Safesport." So I decided to check out recent Safesport violations in WL (and Gymnastics). I had noticed how John Downey is longer listed with AcademyOfWeightlifting in the USAW database.

At the end of January, Jordan Cantrell's first coach is suspended for something to do with a criminal case and a minor. There is a 24yo coach in Colorado Springs, who is the head coach of Front Range Weightlifting South/CF Soco who was in a relationship with a minor. Seriously, CoSprings is where USAW and the OTC is based out of.

Major Buzzkill reporting for duty, sir!
    Last edited by Blairbob; 03-01-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well how about this?

I was bullshitting via messenger with a buddy yesterday where he joked, "Safesport." So I decided to check out recent Safesport violations in WL (and Gymnastics). I had noticed how John Downey is longer listed with AcademyOfWeightlifting in the USAW database.

At the end of January, Jordan Cantrell's first coach is suspended for something to do with a criminal case and a minor. There is a 24yo coach in Colorado Springs, who is the head coach of Front Range Weightlifting South/CF Soco who was in a relationship with a minor. Seriously, CoSprings is where USAW and the OTC is based out of.

Major Buzzkill reporting for duty, sir!
    Aw man. Safesport related stuff almost exclusively makes me either angry or sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    To further make it worse. This is not WL related but...

I noticed there was one coach from the city that I don't live in anymore but went to school and have spent a lot of time in (Sacramento) had a coach suspended from USAG. I came across another gym in Norcal about 100 miles away where I saw that same coach is currently on the coaching staff. I just haven't been able to confirm if that is recent (because many gyms don't really keep their websites that up to date).

Another member that was banned in Norcal (a bit more south) is registered as the owner of a different gym in the same fucking city he was originally banned. Basically, he started his own gym. I've yet to figure out how to deal with this. What that person is probably doing is sending another coach to any USAG related meets instead of him (because he's banned for life).

I also saw they finally got a coach last year that was from the Greater Sacramento area. He actually brought his girls and team into the gym I was working at in 2003 but I do remember they disappeared after awhile without any notice. With a google search it seems he started his own gym in the area he had been fired from originally (his stepdaughter alleged he abused her for years until she escaped at the age of 24 one night). He was fired from a gym roughly 30 miles from us that is about 30 miles east of Sacramento.

Not that I think of it, I still know the Chairman of Norcal Gymnastics, so I will probably just bring it up to them and let him deal with it. Hopefully he already knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Soooooooo with Tokyo being pushed back, will there be some countries that will be able to re-activate their eligibility because their number of positives within a certain amount of time will fortuitously expire just in time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Soooooooo with Tokyo being pushed back, will there be some countries that will be able to re-activate their eligibility because their number of positives within a certain amount of time will fortuitously expire just in time?
    The old qualifying system stated that doping positives would be counted if they occurred between a specified date in 2008 and a specified date in 2020. So I think that's safe.

But there will be some unexpected gotchas. For instance Russia and other organisations have reportedly been submitting reams of extra submissions in support of their CAS appeal challenging the WADA ban so that the CAS judgment would be delayed until after the Tokyo Olympics. With the Olympics moving to next year there is a real chance that if the four year ban is upheld it will knock Russia out of both the 2021 and 2024 Olympics.

Similarly the recent doping appeals which are not yet resolved (Romania, Colombia etc) might be finalised before 2021 and knock those countries out.

Interesting times ahead!!

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would have to imagine that OOC testing is severely limited now due the virus. Travel issues etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tamás Aján has been sentenced to another two months in the naughty chair.

[Insidethegames] Aján not allowed to resume IWF leadership in April after Board extends his absence

12. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christina Iovu's third (!) ban is for a fake blood sample, a first for an IWF sanction. Impressive!

14. Likes Blairbob liked this post