Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Shoe Thread

Weightlifting Shoe Thread

My ironwork II's are coming up on retirement so I ordered some Adidas Adipowers in the black/scarlet color off adidas.ca. They are 180 (10 bones more than the red ones) but with sign up and save I got 15% off and free shipping so it came to 154.

After looking online at sizing it seemed to be a split between ordering a half size down or staying at my regular shoe size. I wear 9's in all my nikes and ordered 9's in the adipowers figuring slightly more room > too tight.

Will update with sizing information but I was wondering what you all wear and what you're sizing experiences/reviews of your shoes are.

I have loved my ironwork II's, they were free from my weightlifting club as some other guy had left them there but now the sole is wearing through a lot and they're size 11's anyways. Excited to try out some new top end shoes that actually fit.

I have size 13 Adipowers, but I would probably prefer 13.5 because the toe box is quite narrow.

I picked up size 13.5 2008 Adistars for cheap off of Dynamic right before the first Hookgrip auction last fall. Those I wish were 13s, but I wear them anyway.

My first weightlifting shoes were first edition Nike Romaleos. Nice pair of shoes, a touch big (size 13 uk) my back foot kept slipping out when I jerked. Very heavy too. Next pair were uk size 14 2008 adistars I found on ebay for
    Last edited by Struan Potter; 08-10-2014 at 03:14 AM.

I have original Adipowers and Romaleos 2. I'm US11 in most shoes, I have size 11 in both these. Adipowers are more snug but are incredibly comfy, much more so than the Romaleos. But Romaleos have a wider rubber sole that gives me a lot more stability in the bottom of the snatch, so I lift in the Nikes most of the time. I tried the Adipowers again recently and was surprised at how much more comfortable and higher quality they feel, but they instantly had me doing bad old habits like turning my feet out like crazy in receiving power jerks so I went back to the Romaleos.

Romaleos have an incredibly irritating squeak that is driving me crazier as time goes on, instead of getting used to it like I'd hoped

I wear size 9 Nikes and my feet are probably a tad wide at the front.

19999 Adidas like Jon North : Size 9
    2004 AdiStars : Size 9
    2007 Nike Romaleos v1 : Size 8.5
    2008 Nike Romaleos v1 : Size 9 : I only wear to squat in, a tad too big to lift in but will do in a jiffy
    2014 Nike Romaelos v2 : Size 8.5 great fit

Nike trainers 8.5 are a bit too tight but or weightlifting shoes it's better for me.

Koing

Quote Originally Posted by DaneB View Post
    I have original Adipowers and Romaleos 2. I'm US11 in most shoes, I have size 11 in both these. Adipowers are more snug but are incredibly comfy, much more so than the Romaleos. But Romaleos have a wider rubber sole that gives me a lot more stability in the bottom of the snatch, so I lift in the Nikes most of the time. I tried the Adipowers again recently and was surprised at how much more comfortable and higher quality they feel, but they instantly had me doing bad old habits like turning my feet out like crazy in receiving power jerks so I went back to the Romaleos.

Romaleos have an incredibly irritating squeak that is driving me crazier as time goes on, instead of getting used to it like I'd hoped
    Random. I've 3 got pairs and none of mine do that. My friends have about 6/7 pairs between them and none do that also.

Koing

Do you use the 'competition' sole or the crappy bit of foam from regular shoes? I use the competition sole, and I think the noise is caused by the pleather rubbing against the insole on the inside.

Yatin's Romaleos do it also

I have size 9 Romaleo 1's. They're a bit heavier than my previous shoes, but very solid feeling when I lift.

I use the comp insoles, but I've cut the training ones to add a little heel height to the shoes. I put the cut training insole under the comp insole and it's given me about 0.22-0.25" which is about perfect!!

http://www.213kg.com/shop/ - I have a pair of these for about 1.5 years now and they're holding up pretty well! Love them, very secure and comfy. and Very very good value for money I think.

I used adidas power perfect 2. Perfect build quality. Issue was that i had a bigger size so i bought Do-wins.
    Used adidas for over a year, no issues with them. Using Do-wins for couple of months and they are falling slowly apart.