Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Shoe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tangoncash007 View Post
    Klokov has been working on a new shoe apparently. There are some new pics of him wearing them on his IG.
    They've been posted in this thread before, there's been things posted about them for the last 5-6 months now. Here's a photo posted with some details on them about 5 months back.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoncash007 View Post
    Had my first workout in the new Reebok Legacy Lifters. Very happy with the new investment. Nikes worked well and had not reason to switch shoes other than the squeaking insoles as I walked. I even had the straps shortened by a cobbler but I couldn't get over the f*'ing sound.

Fit wise:
    size 9 Nike roma II -> size 9 Reebok Legacy Lifter.

(I also wear a 9.5 Nano but when those are tied tight, they wouldn't fit the way I would want a lifter to fit)

Perfect fit in the transition. Big toe will need to stretch the shoes just a bit to be like my broken-in Nike's.
    I've used them for the past 3ish months now. No major complaints with the shoes really, they seem to work as well as my Romaleos do and have held up to use so far. But watch out for the front straps, both pairs I've had have issues with the front strap (closest to the toes) not staying secure too well and coming undone while lifting. The other strap hasn't had that issue though.

Did you get the white/black or the black/gold pair?

Regarding the squeaky insoles on the Nikes, I just added a small bit of gold bond powder beneath the comp insoles on mine (I hear baby powder works as well) and it got rid of the noise right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    I've used them for the past 3ish months now. No major complaints with the shoes really, they seem to work as well as my Romaleos do and have held up to use so far. But watch out for the front straps, both pairs I've had have issues with the front strap (closest to the toes) not staying secure too well and coming undone while lifting. The other strap hasn't had that issue though.

Did you get the white/black or the black/gold pair?

Regarding the squeaky insoles on the Nikes, I just added a small bit of gold bond powder beneath the comp insoles on mine (I hear baby powder works as well) and it got rid of the noise right away.
    I got the White/Black pair.

I will try that powder and see how that works on mine.

Saw a pair of adistars in action last week. Safe to say they don't look anywhere near as good on a casual weightlifter as they do on Apti...maybe it's just Apti <3
    charge a needle through the eye of a punching rhino - Donny Shankle

Another view of the Romaleos 3:

I'm liking the new roms more and more every time I see them

Of all the new releases, I find the new Nikes most appealing. I could never say Reebok cause Reebok was lame in the eighties and I hold a grudge about lame Eighties stuff.

Anyone found a comparison between Leistung 16 II and Romaleos 3?
    Apparently the Legacy Lifters are quite heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by vsral View Post
    Anyone found a comparison between Leistung 16 II and Romaleos 3?
    Apparently the Legacy Lifters are quite heavy...
    What sort of information are you looking for? I don't think you'll see any real comparison of the two shoes until the shoes are actually released. There hasn't been any official release information on either of the two shoes that I've seen yet. Only info on the Romaleo 3s I've seen is in the specs for the few sites that listed them, but even that was pretty minimal.

And yeah, the Legacy Lifters are a little bit heavier than the Romaleos. I haven't noticed any real difference between the two though, they feel pretty much the same other than the Legacy Lifters having less of a pronounced arch to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnadom View Post
    What sort of information are you looking for? I don't think you'll see any real comparison of the two shoes until the shoes are actually released. There hasn't been any official release information on either of the two shoes that I've seen yet. Only info on the Romaleo 3s I've seen is in the specs for the few sites that listed them, but even that was pretty minimal.

And yeah, the Legacy Lifters are a little bit heavier than the Romaleos. I haven't noticed any real difference between the two though, they feel pretty much the same other than the Legacy Lifters having less of a pronounced arch to them.
    The new Leistung has been released in Europe and I'm pretty sure Bud Charniga has it up on his website as well.

The new Romaleos are due to be released in the next week or two I think. The women's model seems to be already available in the UK judging by what I've seen pop up on instagram.