Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Shoe Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    your Do-wins falling apart? Mine, seem to be holding up fairly well. They've out lasted any other kind of shoe I've had before. The one thing that was bad about them was the laces. Mine were far too long, so I replaced them and now they're great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    http://www.213kg.com/shop/ - I have a pair of these for about 1.5 years now and they're holding up pretty well! Love them, very secure and comfy. and Very very good value for money I think.
    I lift in these:http://www.weightliftingshoes.ca/images/J1038N.JPG, 2012 do-wins, which are the same as the gong lus. My neighbors kid lifts in the green dowins, which he ordered from that UK site, because he HAD to get the green ones! Excellent shoes, and yes, I did have to swap out the laces; they were both too long and too slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Adidad Powerlift 2.0. Decent beginners. Got them for $60 so can't complain. The toe is starting to split on both feet where the insole meets. Catches on Jerks on my back foot. Only 5/8" lift too. I will get new ones once these wear out.
    120/137 @105+, too tall

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneB View Post
    Do you use the 'competition' sole or the crappy bit of foam from regular shoes? I use the competition sole, and I think the noise is caused by the pleather rubbing against the insole on the inside.

Yatin's Romaleos do it also
    2007 Nike Romaleos v1 : Size 8.5 : no idea, whatever they came with, these are pre production. Straps are perfect, some of my friends have very long straps!
    2008 Nike Romaleos v1 : Size 9 : I only wear to squat in, a tad too big to lift in but will do in a jiffy : Hmmmm...no idea. I haven't worn these in years.. Mine have 08 08 08 at the back of them
    2014 Nike Romaelos v2 : Size 8.5 great fit : Comp insoles

Funny with Yatin as well.

Koing

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't want to give Do-wins bad review, it's solid shoe. The heels seems to be bit higher than the Adidas powerperfect 2.
    The toe box is nice and wide and the shoes are comfy, however some leather parts protrude too much inside and at certain point abuse my right foot.
    They are very stable and the strap is better. Feel more secure in them.
    The issues with mine are:
    -after few days the black logo came off
    -rubber on the left sole started to crack and coming off in the front of the shoe, starting to come of on the back too
    -the leather like material covering the heel started to wear out and tearing (doing my warmup/stretches in the shoes and some exercises have my heels on the floor)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my third pair of shoes now. First pair were some budget do-wins, they were fine at the time although they only lasted about a year. The rubber started to come off the sole. Then I got a pair of adidas power perfects, these were much nicer than the do-wins, but the leather on the top of the shoe over my toes started to tear away after a couple of years. Now I've got the Nike Romaleos 2, by far the best of the bunch. The fit with the competition insoles is so much better, my feet feel way more supported compared to the others, they feel infinitely more sturdy, immediately I felt far more centred and stable pulling and squatting in them. They are a bit heavier but I like that. I've had them for 8 months now and they still look and feel like brand new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my Dowins for 3 or 4 years now, probably 4 and they are absolutely fine. They are a wider shoe, and they are much heavier than most other shoes, but they are fine for me and I like the wooden heel. I have been told the heel is quite small. The rubber underneath is a little smoothed but nothing has fallen to pieces. I take care of them, though, and don't wear them to wander around in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxman View Post
    I'm on my third pair of shoes now. First pair were some budget do-wins, they were fine at the time although they only lasted about a year. The rubber started to come off the sole. Then I got a pair of adidas power perfects, these were much nicer than the do-wins, but the leather on the top of the shoe over my toes started to tear away after a couple of years. Now I've got the Nike Romaleos 2, by far the best of the bunch. The fit with the competition insoles is so much better, my feet feel way more supported compared to the others, they feel infinitely more sturdy, immediately I felt far more centred and stable pulling and squatting in them. They are a bit heavier but I like that. I've had them for 8 months now and they still look and feel like brand new.
    How is the sizing Oxman? what size Do-wins/Adidas/Nike have you used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    How is the sizing Oxman? what size Do-wins/Adidas/Nike have you used?
    I can't remember the Do-wins, but my Adidas and Nikes were both in size 8, they felt pretty much the same with regards to size, for reference my normal shoe size is anywhere from 8-9 depending on where the shoes are from, I like my weightlifting shoes to be snug. It was more the contouring of the Nikes that felt better, although admittedly that's for my feet so someone else might find the adidas fit better.

I'm assuming I got the Do-wins in the same size but I can't really remember. I did have a more budget pair of do-wins than the ones previously posted, so that might be why mine didn't hold up as well as Charis's

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharisLouca View Post
    I have had my Dowins for 3 or 4 years now, probably 4 and they are absolutely fine. They are a wider shoe, and they are much heavier than most other shoes, but they are fine for me and I like the wooden heel. I have been told the heel is quite small. The rubber underneath is a little smoothed but nothing has fallen to pieces. I take care of them, though, and don't wear them to wander around in.
    All of my shoes are going strong. They are all great condition.

My Romaleos from 2007 I had worn for 7yrs pretty much. Or just a bit short. The heel has worn a way such that if I lean backwards the toes will come up. They have lasted 7yrs though! I could still wear them but I got a great deal on the Romaleos 2 on ebay. The right colour I wanted, white with red tick and the right size, UK 8.5. The UK 9 is just a tad too big.

I only wear my weightlifting shoes indoors as well.

Koing