Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Weightlifting Shoe Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    After 2 years of use my ANTA's are starting to beat up, the fabric on the inside that sits against the heel is starting to tear and soon there will be plastic sticking pushing against my heel. I'll be in the market for new shoes soon.

The Rom3s I think are some of the most beautiful lifters I've ever seen, but I think it's pretty telling how rarely you see world class lifters wear the Rom3's. I also prefer the heavier feel of the Anta's over my old red Adipowers which definitely have a more narrow base and are lighter in weight. I wore those for 4+ years and still love them every now and then even though they (literally) have holes in them in the toe box, and are torn on the sides.

I guess I'm going with a yellow pair of Rom2's, which has somehow always been a favorite of mine and should fit/feel almost exactly as the Anta's.

I also like a few of the Reebok Legacy Lifters color combos, but I'm not sure if it's worth trying out an entirely different shoe for this reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    So here's a question for you bros.

The rubber soles on my Asics 727s are worn away and are now slippy.
    Can I get some ideas on how to get the soles grippy again please?
    Obviously I could take them to a cobblers but frankly they are quite rare shoes and I am concerned about a stranger pulling them apart and refitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgive me if this sounds stupid but have you cleaned the soles? Cleaned your platform? Mine are about four years old and still pretty good. Regarding your last sentence, I was thinking about that the other day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post

Obviously I could take them to a cobblers but frankly they are quite rare shoes and I am concerned about a stranger pulling them apart and refitting.
    for what it's worth i took my Clark's with crepe soles to a cobbler because the stitching was coming out of the soles after about 4 years. Maybe it's just because he was an old guy, maybe it was as stroke of luck but... just find an old guy who's been in business since forever. I'm sure if he can build cowboy boots, he can repair wood heeled weightlifting shoes. Worst case, just spend about $275 for new ones (unless you had to get the custom size.. in which case, please let me know cause i would love some).

barring that, i mean, cant you just have them remove the rubber slab and replace it? i'm 100% positive they do that with run of the mill Edmon Allen shoes all day every day and it wont be an issue (i.e. i dont think they'd have to be taken apart just to replace the rubber sole

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post

If there is enough material left, you can carve some small grooves into them. Slow and steady... Also look into floor polishing stuff that makes peoples shoes squeaky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys! The shoes themselves are fairly clean, the platforms are filthy. The gym is shutting down soon so nobody gives a shit unfortunately.
    I could actually try and groove them myself. Maybe sandpaper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharp knife though a boxcutter might do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jirou View Post
    After 2 years of use my ANTA's are starting to beat up, the fabric on the inside that sits against the heel is starting to tear and soon there will be plastic sticking pushing against my heel. I'll be in the market for new shoes soon.

The Rom3s I think are some of the most beautiful lifters I've ever seen, but I think it's pretty telling how rarely you see world class lifters wear the Rom3's. I also prefer the heavier feel of the Anta's over my old red Adipowers which definitely have a more narrow base and are lighter in weight. I wore those for 4+ years and still love them every now and then even though they (literally) have holes in them in the toe box, and are torn on the sides.

I guess I'm going with a yellow pair of Rom2's, which has somehow always been a favorite of mine and should fit/feel almost exactly as the Anta's.

I also like a few of the Reebok Legacy Lifters color combos, but I'm not sure if it's worth trying out an entirely different shoe for this reason.
    Reebok legacy lifters are the real thing. I'm not sure why they don't seem to get any love anywhere. They're built like a tank. I've never worn Rom 2s, but I've heard they are similar in build.

Rom 3 are junk. Very poorly made and not very heavy.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best weightlifting shoe ever made, isn't even a shoe after all ?

($450USD btw)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post
    The best weightlifting shoe ever made, isn't even a shoe after all ?

($450USD btw)
    I would expect leprechauns and unicorns working in the background for that price.