So, I've been asked by a couple of folks to log my version of Beyond 531 that I've started. For those who don't know, I'm a 43 year old Master's lifter typically competing at 85kg. I've been lifting for over 15 years, and although my technique is pretty good, my strength is not where I feel it needs to be. Also, I feel my strength is not rounded out very well at all, so I'm embarking on a 531 program to even it out and get stronger.

My current numbers are: SN 75kg, CJ 111kg, Back Squat 157kg, Front Squat 130kg. I've had higher numbers for SN and CJ in the past, 90/120 respectively, but due to minor injuries and such, those numbers have gone down slightly and I'm looking to bring them back up. I feel my biggest weakness right now is power/strength in the second pull for both lifts, I have not kept that up over the years. So, you'll see a somewhat modified version of 531 BBB with Olympic lift variations targeted to improve weaknesses and get stronger overall.

The numbers and jumps might look interesting as I only have 2.5kg increments at home, and I'll be splitting my training time with Lifetime Fitness where weights are in LBS.

Monday, 11/14/2016:

Block Snatch - not very good at these, so targeting them
40kg x 2, 2, 2
50kg x 2
55kg x 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 (5 sets) - started off feeling bad, got better as the sets went on, will be working to up the sets to 8 over time

Back Squat 531 - this is calculated off 157kg max, 140kg training max
60kg x 5
75kg x 3
90kg x 5
105kg x 5
120kg x 5+2 (7) - left 1-2 in the tank as the book says, solid first day and only 1 rep off PR

Snatch Deadlift - DL accessory (50% to start with)
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10 - these were much harder doing 10 reps than I thought!!

Left it here, but I will add more accessory work at the end of workouts as I adjust to this program, such as abs, face pulls, arm work, and chins. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to answer.