Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of weightlifter will it take to jerk 600 pounds?

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of weightlifter will it take to jerk 600 pounds?

What kind of weightlifter will it take to jerk 600 pounds?

Clean AND jerk, to be precise.

Here's my opinion... We need...

# 1: A man with a ton of quality, fast-twitch muscles. I'm not talking about some ballooned up bodybuilder who'd induced sarcoplasmic hypertrophy in his frame for years. I mean a very bulky man with functional muscles. Kind of like Serge Reding...

# 2: A man with flawless lifting technique honed by years practicing perfectly.

# 3: An 800+ pound back squat. REAL squat, the way Pat Mendes does it, only without excessive bouncing. That should be enough strength needed for the desired lift.

# 4: A 500+ pound push press. There was a superheavyweight lifter I once saw in youtube who push-pressed 530 pounds. That kind of strength should suffice.

# 5: Extreme agility. This is needed in order to go from pulling the weight up to catching the bar in a low front squat position.

My favorite athlete right now is Leonid Taranenko, only because he has the heaviest official clean and jerk of all time. If someone breaks his record, that person would be my new favorite athlete.

I'm relatively young, but I really wish I'd be alive when the first official 600-pound clean and jerk happens.

And after that, I'll sit back, relax, and snatch an autograph for the man who snatched 500 pounds. Behdad Salimikordasiabi... (It hasn't happened yet but I hope it will. lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure Lovchev would be able to do it in top shape without drug testing. We probably won't see it because he doesn't have a good reason to do it. Pretty much anyone who did over 260 in competition probably could. Especially if they trained for it neglecting the snatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Behador moulaei

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he could have done it (under the best of conditions).

Post Thanks / Like
    mightywaterdude 2.0???

(I like this guy a lot more though)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've said it here before but I always though Said Ali Hosseini was going to be the guy to take the records into the next "era"...moving the total record up to 480 and beyond. Don't think I've ever seen a SHW with as much as he had to give - now of course we know why some of that was, but I'd love to see him come back from his ban next year and hit some big numbers, even if he never hits the heights he might have done.

Of the current guys I think Taklahadze has a lot left to give in his Clean & Jerk...as things stand though I don't think anyone can currently push him to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to take two people is what it's going to take. Like Chris said, no one to push Lasha. In Weightlifting medals>records, so the top guys do what they have to, to win. A perfect example is the men's 105 from the WC in Almaty, 2014. The C&J record was broken 3 lifts in a row because that's what it was going to take to win the gold medal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow View Post

I bet he could have done it (under the best of conditions).
    http://www.chidlovski.net/liftup/a_i...nko_082000.asp

What weight we could have expected you to lift had you not leave the sports?

My records were far from my max. I snatched 206 and in the training was ready for 210. I cleaned and jerked 265 kilos and I was lifting 270 in the training. I jerked 260 on two reps. The experts were saying that potentially I was ready for 280 kilos. By the way, I cleaned 280.

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think, one with a good cash prize. If you read one of the articles interviewing Taranenko, he says the only reason he even set his 266 was because the meet organizer offered a large cash prize for world records at his meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The one with all the drugs.