Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of weightlifter will it take to jerk 600 pounds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Chingiz Mogushkov fits all of your criteria and he never even comes close. I don't think it's happening. We would need an untested fed for these kind of numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pisarenko never ceases to amaze me. I sometimes wonder what he could have been capable of if he had put on more weight. I mean, he was thin by SHW standards. What a beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1924, Charles Rigoulot clean and jerked 400 pounds. How much more would he have lifted with today's equipment? Forty to sixty pounds? They're getting close to 272.5, so the question is:

What kind of weightlifter will it take to C&J 300kg? Or, 318kg and when will it happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post
    In 1924, Charles Rigoulot clean and jerked 400 pounds. How much more would he have lifted with today's equipment? Forty to sixty pounds? They're getting close to 272.5, so the question is:

What kind of weightlifter will it take to C&J 300kg? Or, 318kg and when will it happen?
    10iu GH ED from birth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post

The way we're going, nothing will have to change to see 272.5. Even a 227.5 snatch doesn't seem impossible. Likely wont happen in International competition, but some untested national comp, or regional comp, sure. Its coming. Unless WADA goes full potato...

The 300kg is what i wonder too. Perhaps if this testing maelstrom backlashes (like i hope it will) and someone starts up a legit 'pro' fed, we might see it. 700lbs? Not until gene-doping really kicks in...

Post Thanks / Like
    relevant;

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't remember this thread, but i would guess Lasha could pushpress close to 230. probably at least 210-220. Saed PP 230ish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Norik posted a story today that isn't very likely Lasha even knows what #600 is in kg and thus 272 wouldn't be a goal of his.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion one of the biggest challenges in lifting those weights will be the absence of other lifters in the competition. In other words, the athlete will likely need to take three consecutive attempts to get there - which seems unrealistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone needs to set something up like they did for Halls 500 deadlift. Big money, big crowd. No testing. No snatch, no constraints regarding attempt selection and time between. Then I think it would be "kind of" easy for top SHW. Strongman take crazy dosages of very potent orals (metribolon, miboleron) before comps which gives them instant strength boosts which weightlifters obviously cannot take. But if they did, it could be doable for quite a number of lifters.