Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Year Suspension for Chan

Hybrid View

Hmmm, if I remember correctly this was the infamous "it came from my partner's sperm" case, do I have that right? I guess we are to believe that it wasn't a valid excuse regardless.

No. read the arbitrator's report. She said it was from eating contaminated beef

Quote Originally Posted by Scholes View Post
    Hmmm, if I remember correctly this was the infamous "it came from my partner's sperm" case, do I have that right? I guess we are to believe that it wasn't a valid excuse regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    No. read the arbitrator's report. She said it was from eating contaminated beef
    euphemism; same thing

Anything is possible I guess. Having the time to research all possible excuses could lead to "contaminated" beef. Let's say for argument that it's true, guess you can't eat or drink anything unless you grow it yourself

She states that she remembers buying a package of extra lean ground beef, approximately 1 lb., at
    the Target store near her home in Albany, California (near Berkeley). Her normal practice is to
    do grocery shopping on the weekend to obtain food for the week.

LOL incoming lawsuit against Target.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    She states that she remembers buying a package of extra lean ground beef, approximately 1 lb., at
    the Target store near her home in Albany, California (near Berkeley). Her normal practice is to
    do grocery shopping on the weekend to obtain food for the week.

LOL incoming lawsuit against Target.
    also, and but:
    57. Respondent alleges that the prohibited substance in her sample was more
    probably than not the result of eating meat she did not know and had no reason to know was
    contaminated with trenbolone. While Respondent proffered no direct evidence of such
    contamination of any meat she actually consumed or contamination of meat generally
    available for sale in the United States, she asserts that (a) trenbolone is approved by the U.S.
    Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in beef cattle; (b) based on limited data, some
    estimates indicate that 60% - 90% of all beef cattle in the United States may be treated with
    trenbolone; (c) although the FDA once had regulatory tolerances in place, it later repealed
    them and established a daily limit on the amount of trenbolone that humans could consume
    without adverse health impacts;
    and (d) USADA has advised athletes of potential risks in
    consuming beef from foreign countries such as Mexico and China due to the use of clenbuterol
    (also a prohibited substance) in beef cattle.
    58. Respondent asserts that intentional
    why aren't guys and gals getting popped left and right then?

Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post
    also, and but:

because we're all vegans now...

also, and but:

As far as I know Trenbolone isnt an oral steroid.

Would it be absorbed my eating it?

Because.....
    USADA submitted an expert report of Dr. Bradley Johnson (“Dr. Johnson”), a
    professor in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences at Texas Tech University, who has done extensive research in the area of steroidal implants in beef cattle, studying specifically the
    administration of trenbolone in cattle in the U.S. and other countries and its effects, including the
    amount of trenbolone residue in muscle tissue. This report states that, based on a number of
    factors, including the typical timing and method of administration of trenbolone, the relatively short
    half-life of trenbolone once it is hydrolyzed in the bloodstream of cattle, and normal excretion by the
    animal, the residue levels for trenbolone in edible animal tissue (other than liver) is minimal.
    Research trials cited in Dr. Johnson’s report indicate that expected residual levels would be between
    0.05 to 0.6 ppb. Based on this data and his calculations, which assumed residual levels up to 33 times higher than those indicated by research trials, Dr. Johnson’s report indicates that it would not
    be remotely possible for Respondent’s positive test to have resulted from ingestion of the ground
    beef she points to as the source of her positive sample. Dr. Johnson’s report also states that the
    concentration of trenbolone metabolite in Respondent’s urine sample is consistent with her
    subcutaneous administration of approximately 20 to 40 mg of trenbolone in the 30-day period prior
    to December 4, 2015.
    also, and but: