Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Year Suspension for Chan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    She states that she remembers buying a package of extra lean ground beef, approximately 1 lb., at
    the Target store near her home in Albany, California (near Berkeley). Her normal practice is to
    do grocery shopping on the weekend to obtain food for the week.

LOL incoming lawsuit against Target.
    also, and but:
    57. Respondent alleges that the prohibited substance in her sample was more
    probably than not the result of eating meat she did not know and had no reason to know was
    contaminated with trenbolone. While Respondent proffered no direct evidence of such
    contamination of any meat she actually consumed or contamination of meat generally
    available for sale in the United States, she asserts that (a) trenbolone is approved by the U.S.
    Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in beef cattle; (b) based on limited data, some
    estimates indicate that 60% - 90% of all beef cattle in the United States may be treated with
    trenbolone; (c) although the FDA once had regulatory tolerances in place, it later repealed
    them and established a daily limit on the amount of trenbolone that humans could consume
    without adverse health impacts;
    and (d) USADA has advised athletes of potential risks in
    consuming beef from foreign countries such as Mexico and China due to the use of clenbuterol
    (also a prohibited substance) in beef cattle.
    58. Respondent asserts that intentional
    why aren't guys and gals getting popped left and right then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasic View Post
    also, and but:

because we're all vegans now...

Post Thanks / Like
    also, and but:

As far as I know Trenbolone isnt an oral steroid.

Would it be absorbed my eating it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeland View Post

Absorbed, maybe a little, it's just the absorption rates are low. The main thing is excreted, for a doping test. But really, all hormones you take orally will at least be absorbed a little, it's just the methylation/etc makes it get absorbed more. For example for TRT in countries not USA, there's an oral testosterone decoanate pill called Andriol I think? That ester is generally used as a long acting injectable ester, but if you take enough orally, enough is still absorbed. But I think it's like 50-100mg per day is needed to get your test levels to what 100mg per week injected would do. Regarding tren, it actually comes as a legal or freely able to be bought pellet for injecting into cattle, and some bodybuilders cook it into injectable tren, but more than a few people report at least some effect by just putting the pellets under their tongue.

As far as the plausibility, it's not *impossible* what she's claiming, just highly unlikely, as we'd see more positives in the same manner she's claiming. But to be fair, admitting a positive is a bad career choice, especially for something like medical school, lawyer, etc, so while doing it may make the sport and their forums (lol) happy, there's other stuff to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

http://="http://www.ergo-log.com/pro...enbolone.html"

https://www.legendarysupplements.com...y-ironmaglabs/ found this as well.

So yes, there is oral versions but they are just far weaker than injectable so you just dose more to make up for it. Also, apparently it's toxic as heck.

If you read the arbitration pdf, whatever trace amounts of Tren or Clen given to animals is negligible by the time it gets to you, is cooked, etc. So that excuse doesn't fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    http://="http://www.ergo-log.com/pro...enbolone.html"

https://www.legendarysupplements.com...y-ironmaglabs/ found this as well.

So yes, there is oral versions but they are just far weaker than injectable so you just dose more to make up for it. Also, apparently it's toxic as heck.

If you read the arbitration pdf, whatever trace amounts of Tren or Clen given to animals is negligible by the time it gets to you, is cooked, etc. So that excuse doesn't fly.
    Pretending to be Charis's lawyer or whatever, there's two possible explanations for it, though longshot as hell. First one, cow with a pellet injected in got slaughtered very soon after putting the pellet in, and a whole pellet of tren got ground up into meat. The second is eating of organ meats, especially liver. One thing notable about lots of "extra lean" ground beef sold in grocery stores is they actually use spleens and other organ meats as additives for beef, specifically to give it a redder color, and it's a cheap additive without the stigma of "pink slime." Liver specifically tends to store a lot of toxins, but I'd presume kidneys would as well.

The few cases of clenbuterol from tainted meat that got doping charges dismissed came specifically from eating liver or possibly other organ meats. The one I'm thinking of is a Mexican soccer team http://www.newsweek.com/stay-away-be...sitives-251839 But if you do digging, you do see a lot of cases of clenbuterol doping positives being dismissed with the meat excuse.

But my thinking regarding tren and her test is, we'd simply see a lot more positives. But, in her defense, it was a single positive test, and her subsequent test a week later or whatever didn't have it, so that does help her. Buuuuuuuuut, it's quite suspicious for a Crossfitter who's been training only a few years to come on the scene, break an American record, and compete in Crossfit at the same, and look pretty considerably jacked compared to her opponents, then that definitely raises some suspicion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by celicaxx View Post
    But, in her defense, it was a single positive test, and her subsequent test a week later or whatever didn't have it, so that does help her.
    She had an out of competition test on January 26th, so 53 days after the in competition test on December 4th where she tested positive. Not just a week or so afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Because.....
    USADA submitted an expert report of Dr. Bradley Johnson (“Dr. Johnson”), a
    professor in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences at Texas Tech University, who has done extensive research in the area of steroidal implants in beef cattle, studying specifically the
    administration of trenbolone in cattle in the U.S. and other countries and its effects, including the
    amount of trenbolone residue in muscle tissue. This report states that, based on a number of
    factors, including the typical timing and method of administration of trenbolone, the relatively short
    half-life of trenbolone once it is hydrolyzed in the bloodstream of cattle, and normal excretion by the
    animal, the residue levels for trenbolone in edible animal tissue (other than liver) is minimal.
    Research trials cited in Dr. Johnson’s report indicate that expected residual levels would be between
    0.05 to 0.6 ppb. Based on this data and his calculations, which assumed residual levels up to 33 times higher than those indicated by research trials, Dr. Johnson’s report indicates that it would not
    be remotely possible for Respondent’s positive test to have resulted from ingestion of the ground
    beef she points to as the source of her positive sample. Dr. Johnson’s report also states that the
    concentration of trenbolone metabolite in Respondent’s urine sample is consistent with her
    subcutaneous administration of approximately 20 to 40 mg of trenbolone in the 30-day period prior
    to December 4, 2015.
    also, and but:

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading this all I can think is:

I want some beef.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a pound of ground beef last night for dinner... Hope USADA doesn't test me soon.