Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Year Suspension for Chan

Hmmm, if I remember correctly this was the infamous "it came from my partner's sperm" case, do I have that right? I guess we are to believe that it wasn't a valid excuse regardless.

No. read the arbitrator's report. She said it was from eating contaminated beef

Quote Originally Posted by Scholes View Post
    Hmmm, if I remember correctly this was the infamous "it came from my partner's sperm" case, do I have that right? I guess we are to believe that it wasn't a valid excuse regardless.

Anything is possible I guess. Having the time to research all possible excuses could lead to "contaminated" beef. Let's say for argument that it's true, guess you can't eat or drink anything unless you grow it yourself

She states that she remembers buying a package of extra lean ground beef, approximately 1 lb., at
    the Target store near her home in Albany, California (near Berkeley). Her normal practice is to
    do grocery shopping on the weekend to obtain food for the week.

LOL incoming lawsuit against Target.

http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=228315

https://www.reddit.com/r/crossfit/co...cially_busted/

I guess these are the threads I remembered reading a while back. Either way, after reading the report, I suppose she won't be shopping for her groceries at Target anymore. I just hate the constant 'blame everyone else but me' approach to these things, but I hear it all day long as a high school teacher so I may be biased about wanting people to assume a little responsibility once in a while.

She ate tainted beef alright...

Let's say for argument that it's true, guess you can't eat or drink anything unless you grow it yourself
    If you read the pdf, there were 7 or 8 other cases that tried to use that argument and failed as well.

Other athletes have used it on positive tests regardless though in years back (buddy mentioned a football player about a decade ago or so).

Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    If you read the pdf, there were 7 or 8 other cases that tried to use that argument and failed as well.

Other athletes have used it on positive tests regardless though in years back (buddy mentioned a football player about a decade ago or so).
    Yup, and Canada's top powerlifter AND 'all natural' bodybuilder (titles held and won almost simultaneously!) got 'tainted supplements' too. Some may even have believed him (uh... you wouldn't to look at him) until he was busted for literally running/owning possibly the biggest steroid lab in Maritime Canada. Tainted supplements my ass. I hate that pussy excuse sooooo much that if i ever failed a drug test by actually legitimately taking tainted supplements i'd probably make up a different story. Christ... just fess up and take it. You're not fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    No. read the arbitrator's report. She said it was from eating contaminated beef
    euphemism; same thing