Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IWF rulebook

New IWF rulebook

Let's discuss the new rules.
    Seems some new radical changes have been implemented.

What's on your mind?

8th women's category and deletion of bodyweight advantage were already known for some months.
    Rest is negligible.
    Last edited by erpel; 01-11-2017 at 08:45 AM.

re: body weight advantage. Maybe they should've keep that in effect for the SHWs classes only.

The bodyweight rule has essentially shifted the advantage from the lighter lifter to the better snatcher.

Bodyweight rule might result in a lot more bombs given the motivation to start higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    The bodyweight rule has essentially shifted the advantage from the lighter lifter to the better snatcher.
    With equal totals yes, but lifters won't aim for ties any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    With equal totals yes, but lifters won't aim for ties any longer.
    Indeed, and the better snatcher will reach that total first and the better C&Jer will need to lift an extra kilo....... or attempt and miss it. Advantage to the better snatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Indeed, and the better snatcher will reach that total first and the better C&Jer will need to lift an extra kilo....... or attempt and miss it. Advantage to the better snatcher.
    Which would be fine because I think clean and jerkers have always had slight advantage over snatchers since they know exactly what they need to lift and don't have to attempt higher weights. I think in most fights between a snatcher and C&Jker C&Jker won (Yong vs Rybakou 2008, Lu vs Rahimov 2016, Chigishev vs Steiner 2008, Wu vs Om 2015, Shi vs Oleg/Daniyar).

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiy View Post
    Which would be fine because I think clean and jerkers have always had slight advantage over snatchers since they know exactly what they need to lift and don't have to attempt higher weights. I think in most fights between a snatcher and C&Jker C&Jker won (Yong vs Rybakou 2008, Lu vs Rahimov 2016, Chigishev vs Steiner 2008, Wu vs Om 2015, Shi vs Oleg/Daniyar).
    That might be a good way to look at it. Snatcher has advantage of hitting the weight first, C&Jer has the advantage of knowing exactly what is required.

8th category for woman is quite big change.

Near future will bring electronic change of call. Coaches can use smartphones for athlete card changes.

Video reply will be slowly implemented as well, which can add value to the sport.