Thread: Super Bowl Picks

Super Bowl Picks

Surely I'm not the only football fan here. Who you guy's got?

I'm thinking Green Bay vs. New England, with Green Bay taking the win.

Well, I'm on my way to being correct. Hell of a game between GB and Dallas today.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Well, I'm on my way to being correct. Hell of a game between GB and Dallas today.
    Great game!

As much as I like Green Bay, it's hard to bet against the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Great game!

As much as I like Green Bay, it's hard to bet against the Pats
    Fuck the Patriots. Luckiest team in football. I won't be able to handle all the gloating if they win another super bowl. I'm really hoping Pittsburgh beats them this weekend. I just looked up NE's record from this year, they only beat 3 teams with winning records, one of which was Pittsburgh, and Ben was out that game. The total combined record of all teams they beat this year: 70-104. Not to mention, they got Houston in the playoffs becasue Carr broke his fucking leg. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Disclaimer: I've been a Pats fan long enough to remember when Tom Brady first got into the game.

I don't know, I'd argue they've had too much success sustained for way too long to call them lucky. Yes, getting the Texans was fortunate, and not blowing them completely out of the water was fortunate too; they made enough mistakes that Belichick will drive them hard this week and they'll come out guns blazing against the Steelers. But it is worth noting that in a decidedly imperfect outing they still put up 34 points on the Texans defense. That said, you can't count out Roethlisberger, and the Steelers are a team that can win in Foxborough. Should be a good game however it goes.

As much as I would like to see Matt Ryan take the Falcons to the Super Bowl, the Packers are on an incredible run right now and Rodgers is playing as clutch as maybe anybody ever has. If I was a betting man I don't think I could, in good conscience, bet against the Packers right now. In all likelihood I see the Pats and Packers in the Super Bowl in a game I'm not willing to call right now.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Steelers...they're shit on the road. Now they did beat the Chiefs...but on the foot of their kicker. Chiefs just played amazingly bad. Pats are almost unbeatable at home and if the Steelers want a chance in hell next weekend, they better learn to score some TDs.

I'm a Rodgers fan...he gave my alma mater the best chance in three quarters of a millennium at national NCAA recognition. I just hope the Packers streak stays alive. I hope Jordy Nelson gets back in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Surely I'm not the only football fan here. Who you guy's got?

I'm thinking Green Bay vs. New England, with Green Bay taking the win.
    Oh, you're just tickling my fancy with this!! I would be ecstatic if Green Bay would win the Super Bowl, especially if it's over the Pats!!

Well it turns out I was super wrong about my predictions. Falcons with the greatest choke in football history.

After the first few minutes of the game, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until the end of the third quarter. Talk about one of the greatest comebacks/worst meltdowns in sports history!