Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A System of Multi Year Training in Weightlifting by A.S. Medvedev

The book is maybe cheap... but the shipping is a killer..
    Is here anybody who got these books in EU?

Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    No way. I was interested too until I saw the shipping costs for my country (over $50).
    Last edited by ajPT; 08-29-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    Follow me on instagram @ amadeujandrade
    https://instagram.com/amadeujandrade/

Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajPT View Post
    No way. I was interested too until I saw the shipping costs for my country (over $50).
    If you email Bud Charniga he'll give you an accurate shipping price. The shipping calculator on the Dynamic Fitness doesnt give an accurate shipping price for international shipping, the postage is usually cheaper than what the calculator gives you.

There is a German shop that sells them as well which might work out cheaper, especially if you are on mainland Europe.

http://www.choiceofchampions.de/coc/...lympic-lifting

It actually works out cheaper for me to buy from Bud directly but I'm in Ireland.

Besides the other Medvedyev book reviewed, are there any other books from Sportivy Press that you'd recommend picking up? I'm planning on getting them all. But I can't afford it..
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

Instagram: @crippledlifter
    Blog: Uneven Lifting

My 2 cents.

I've got a fair few of the translations and the two I've found most useful (and find myself referring back to the most) are The Training of the Weightlifter (Roman) and Managing the Training of Weightlifters (Laputin). I'd actually recommend getting those over the Medvedev's books (not that Medvedev's books arent worth getting as well).

Another good one is Vorobyev's A Textbook on Weightlifting which was translated by Mel Siff I think, rather than Bud Charniga. This book was actually commisioned by the IWF originally.

http://supertraining-siff.com/tw.html
    Last edited by DylanJM; 11-12-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanJM View Post
    My 2 cents.

I've got a fair few of the translations and the two I've found most useful (and find myself referring back to the most) are The Training of the Weightlifter (Roman) and Managing the Training of Weightlifters (Laputin). I'd actually recommend getting those over the Medvedev's books (not that Medvedev's books arent worth getting as well).

Another good one is Vorobyev's A Textbook on Weightlifting which was translated by Mel Siff I think, rather than Bud Charniga. This book was actually commisioned by the IWF originally.

http://supertraining-siff.com/tw.html
    Great text. It's my favorite for Weightlifting, a great one for drilling into the details. I think Science and the Practice of Strength Training (Zatsiorsky) is awesome for fundamental understanding, too. If you can grok those two texts and have a technical background (Calculus, biology, chemistry), you will be leaps and bounds beyond the average American coach.