Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dylan Cooper

Post Thanks / Like
    https://deskgram.org/p/840128696806507129_512514319

Hmm. Didnt know Dylan was under Mash before MDUSA, then he went back to Mash when Travis started his own gym. But officially he was part of MDUSA for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    weird. I don't remember him ever being at the gym living in charlotte. I was there pretty frequently. I wonder if he just lifted for the team and never trained there. I might just not be remembering. i'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    https://deskgram.org/p/840128696806507129_512514319

Hmm. Didnt know Dylan was under Mash before MDUSA, then he went back to Mash when Travis started his own gym. But officially he was part of MDUSA for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewc64 View Post
    Is it unfair to challenge the definition of "produce"?

The best lifters just show up and say "you're my coach now"
    Well we can "challenge" all sorts of things, but the guy is clearly taking these athletes and coaching them up. And the objective seems to be lifting the most weight possible. From watching the publicly available material from the Cal Strength training hall part of that is clearly an old school definition of technical "coaching". But in the context of a poorly funded sport environment creation and supporting these people so that they can train as much as possible is part of the equation. That's where the promotion comes in, and so be it.

I suppose I don't understand the sniffiness sometimes. You've got the likes of Wes Kitt breaking American records and putting himself in the mix for the Olympics in a couple of years; and the likes of Nicole Lim maxing out potential over a long time period; and a positive testimony from Jake Pudenz on his direct experience of the remote offering. Seems like a solid range of coaching and improvement going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah. he was a "distance athlete" for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanwtyler View Post
    weird. I don't remember him ever being at the gym living in charlotte. I was there pretty frequently. I wonder if he just lifted for the team and never trained there. I might just not be remembering. i'm old.