Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Please tell me how the effing f Thomas Ajan got elected president again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by celicaxx View Post
    I'm assuming the situation is like in regular politics. Based in blackmail, of various people's things that would at the very least be illegal, right? This causes things to fall in line, and people to break promises?
    I believe that would be a reasonable assumption.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    Anybody else slightly annoyed they used a weightlifting bar on a weightlifting platform to illustrate the powerlifter's tools of the trade. Kind of like showing a plunger to illustrate a carpenter...they're both in the trades but have very different specialties. I don't know why this bothers me but it does...maybe because it's my tax money funding the ass clown who used that picture's paycheque.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PK33 View Post
    Anybody else slightly annoyed they used a weightlifting bar on a weightlifting platform to illustrate the powerlifter's tools of the trade. Kind of like showing a plunger to illustrate a carpenter...they're both in the trades but have very different specialties. I don't know why this bothers me but it does...maybe because it's my tax money funding the ass clown who used that picture's paycheque.
    Nah, most do not know the difference and many think weightlifting is powerlifting anyway.

However, ELEVEN banned substances?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post
    . . . ELEVEN banned substances?
    Very impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post

However, ELEVEN banned substances?
    That's gotta be a competition PR for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's even more impressive is how he managed to seemingly only bench 160 @ 105 while using all those pharmaceuticals.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget that a 62kg Qatar lifter got popped in 2005 with a 170 total.

It sucks to suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.insidethegames.biz/articl...-2024-olympics

Urso, who stood unsuccessfully to replace Tamás Aján as IWF President at an Electoral Congress in Bangkok late last month, was far more critical of the way the sport has been run.

"The IOC has presented the IWF with a bill, in a timely, surgical and drastic manner, but it will be the entire weightlifting world who will suffer the consequences, not just Aján and those who re-elected him," Urso wrote in a letter, published on the EWF website.

"A tough, drastic response and there's no going back.

"A curious follow up to the election of a person who has always boasted that weightlifting is in a strong position and not in any danger.

"It is definitely the worst start for a new four-year Olympic cycle, regardless of who is at the helm of the International Federation.

"However, there's no need for dissection or sarcasm, nor for exceptional political skills to observe that this is by no means great acknowledgement for the work done, apparently not so impeccably, in terms of development in favour of this sport, by the re-elected President...

"I must admit that this news from the IOC has left me utterly saddened, because if certain people had been a little more farsighted and a lot less thirsty for power, today we would be talking about something different.

"Obviously, this sport needs to be completely reset in order to start over again with new rules and, more importantly, new people."
    Longer Urso statement:

http://ewfed.com/news_det.php?id=161
    Last edited by erpel; 06-16-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    I am very impressed with Urso's perseverance. When he was running against Ajan in 2009, we were leaning towards supporting him. Dragomir was running for VP and we were led to believe supporting Ajan would greatly increase our chances of getting Dragomir elected and we thought a VP from the US would be more beneficial. We ended up supporting Ajan and, icing on the cake, Dragomir was not elected and if I recall correctly, it was not even close as Ajan influenced his supporters to vote in other directions. Politics.