Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nasty fails: anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I haven't had the pleasure, ever. I've rolled one off my upper back and had one hit me on my lower back and roll off though it's super rare for me to lose a lift behind. Both times I idealy phenq can be used also moved a bit forward so they slid off. Weights were high 80s while weighing 77-82 (chubby hobbit).

As in maybe less than the number of digits on one hand in 5+ years.
    You're lucky. I'm just starting out and have had many such fails. But I start laughing as soon as I get my composure back and have never given up. I know that this has happened to all who have tried to rise (pun intended.)
    Last edited by BarryDavis; 10-22-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vsral View Post
    Today I had a bit of a weird fail. Not behind, not in front, but right on top of me.
    The video might have been more interesting if the blocks weren't there, but I'm glad they were.

Anyone else escaped an injury / got an injury because of a similar fail?

I've literally been lifting 5-6 days a week since 2005 and never once have failed a snatch like this. I still don't understand how this happens...

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally never have had an issue just hopping forward and dumping the bar behind me or pushing away from the bar and dumping forward. That said I've scraped my forehead on the way up in the power snatch a couple of times...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDavis View Post
    You're lucky. I'm just starting out and have had many such fails. But I start laughing as soon as I get my composure back and have never given up. I know that this has happened to all who have tried to rise (pun intended.)
    I too have had a couple of such fails, and you're right, everyone has failed at some point or other. Those who don't give up, succeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    This happens to all weightlifters, eventually. I don't know of anyone who hasn't had an ugly missed snatch at some point. You can feel good and strong and stable, then your elbow flexes 1mm, and it's snap city. I've had it happen once when I was really tired and tried forcing a max effort, which taught me the valuable lesson about knowing my limits. Then I had it happen when I was refreshed and felt strong, which taught me the valuable lesson that........ uhm, anything can happen....... I guess, maybe. Or maybe the lesson was that I suck at weightlifting and should quit. If that was the lesson, I was too dumb to learn it. Which seems to fit, so ya, that was most likely the lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cleaned 87kg for the first time October 2011. I passed out at the top, fell over backwards, cracked my head open on some 50kg steel plates stacked up behind me. 7 stitches, lucky to not have anything lasting.
    Last edited by CNL; 11-22-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It happens, even to the best:

With that said, OP, you could see that coming a mile away. It looks like it was the result of what I call "huck it and f*** it". You have absolutely no rigidity in your body during that lift, and it's mostly a product of your "touch and go" approach to that hang position.
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrAl89fn...d=1q7fr1q64vrg

Another one. And he took the time to get set.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisG View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrAl89fn...d=1q7fr1q64vrg

Another one. And he took the time to get set.
    IMO, kinda weird IWF would post this on their IG page.
    Seems to service no purpose other to shame the lifter.
    "here's a guy who bonked his head and bombed out"

Unless this is some weird way of marketing to the I-Watch-NASCAR-For-the-Wrecks type of people of something.

EDIT: well, at least show the video his silver medal jerk in the same post then....
    Last edited by mbasic; 12-05-2018 at 03:23 PM.