Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Junior Worlds, Tokyo

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Junior Worlds, Tokyo

Not much talk about this event. CJ just won another world Championship. That makes 4 in total for him.

https://barbend.com/cj-cummings-2017...-championship/

Post Thanks / Like
    Team USA sits in 4th place for Women and 6th place for Men as a team just now.

Delacruz was 3kg off the medals, Seegert 4kg off the medals - both are eligible for next year. We have 5 athletes to go for the Women (Jarrett, Bradley, Riotto, Myers and Alwine).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the update, Phil. Looks like most of the classes are pretty tight across the board.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty happy with how the americans are doing at this year's worlds, bodes well for the future. With how close he got 141 sn (what alex lee had him edged out on) and the com total, CJ cummings has definitely surplanted alex lee as the best 69 in America

Post Thanks / Like
    update on D. Cooper's performance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmoutain View Post
    update on D. Cooper's performance?
    He hasn't lifted yet. He lifts at 12:30am EST on Thursday.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlif.../Lifting-Times

Post Thanks / Like
    ah ok, yeah i didn't see iwf results, but he made a kinda 'its go time' post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to the sport...but I am a little disappointed in the cover team USA has given to the junior athletes... We all know CJ is the main attraction, but don't the other kids at least get to get acknowledged at some point???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BArch84 View Post
    I am new to the sport...but I am a little disappointed in the cover team USA has given to the junior athletes... We all know CJ is the main attraction, but don't the other kids at least get to get acknowledged at some point???
    Hi BArch84

A genuine question. What would you like to see? The primary coverage so far has been regarding CJ & Maddy (who set a Jnr American Record, placing 4th). What are you looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    Hi BArch84

A genuine question. What would you like to see? The primary coverage so far has been regarding CJ & Maddy (who set a Jnr American Record, placing 4th). What are you looking for?
    Simply acknowledgement the same days they lift or even just a mention that they will be lifting that day on the front page instead of the twitter thing on the side hahaha. Its a big accomplishment and the most current thing we have going on. Maybe the results of their lifts(even with a little spin lol-"5th place in b group"). I don't know any of the kids involved, its just a really big deal to be on that stage I think. I could be over reacting though.