Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Strength Agenda Radio

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Strength Agenda Radio

    Hey guys and gals, Hey guys and gals, over the years my business The Strength Agenda has evolved from an online resource for lifters, to remote training, to a functioning gym. We are now expanding into other areas now and for a long time I've been wanting to do a podcast where I could interview top weightlifters, strongman, throwers, coaches, and all around awesome folks. Well I am happy to announce that tomorrow drops the first episode of season 1.This first season contains interviews with Matt Vincent and Mike Beech of HVIII Brand Goods, Jack Cambra of Fifty Barbell, Mark Valenti, Kaleb Whitby, Morghan King, Mike Gattone and many others. We are kicking off with an interview with 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist Adam Nelson. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter so you know when every episode drops. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and hope you enjoy the shows. Let me know if you have any feedback or input on future seasons.
    Last edited by IamTomSroka; 08-01-2017 at 10:52 PM.

  2. #2
    AKA Tony Arkitect FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool man, looking forward to it!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Episode 1 is up and live. Click HERE to listen. Let us know if you have any feedback.

  4. #4
    AKA Tony Arkitect FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening now. Funny story, I know Adam's old coach Carl Wallin. He owns a gym about an hour from me, and has come down to a couple of meets we've hosted. Until this interview though, I had no idea who the guy "was."
    Currently reading: Field of Blood by Karen Armstrong

    Just finished reading:Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

    Friend me on Facebook

    Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

  5. #5
    AKA Tony Arkitect FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished listening.

    Great choice of guest, great interview with good questions, but you gotta get your audio sorted. In the intro where it was just you, you've got some clipping via either talking to close to the mic, or you've got the gain turned up too much on that channel. During the actual interview with Adam, there are some spots where it's very echoed. Too much reverb I'm guessing? What are you using for a set-up?
    Currently reading: Field of Blood by Karen Armstrong

    Just finished reading:Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

    Friend me on Facebook

    Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think on the second episode we got a lot of that sorted out. We have a Yeti Microphone with a pop filter, but if the other end doesn't have a pair of headphones we get a lot of reverb. My wife and I were able to edit the footage a bit more and eliminate most of the reverb.

    Episode 2 is live with Mike Gattone of USAW. He's the Asst. Technical Director and we talk about the future of USAW and career coaching in the sport. Click HERE to give it a listen.

    Thanks for the feedback Tony, it's much appreciated so we can try and make this project the best possible.
    Last edited by IamTomSroka; 08-10-2017 at 11:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to Episode 2 w/Mike Gattone. Good stuff. Like the guest selections so far (but imagine that this gets more difficult after awhile), and it appears as if your interview style and guest "relationship" gets smooth flowing and interesting information out of folks.

    Out of general interest, how long does one wait before pod-cast recording and pod-cast posting? The Gattone episode is dated 9 August, but there's an in-cast discussion point where, via reference of the up-coming (yet to happen) senior Pan Ams, the pod-cast is essentially time-stamped to have been recorded at least 3 weeks earlier. Regardless, I enjoyed the final product.

  8. #8
    AKA Tony Arkitect FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_here View Post

    Out of general interest, how long does one wait before pod-cast recording and pod-cast posting? The Gattone episode is dated 9 August, but there's an in-cast discussion point where, via reference of the up-coming (yet to happen) senior Pan Ams, the pod-cast is essentially time-stamped to have been recorded at least 3 weeks earlier. Regardless, I enjoyed the final product.
    The basic rule for any social media content is steady flow. Everything is based on algorithms now, so social media "down ranks" you if you don't post constant content (how much interaction your post gets also effects rankings), but basically if you're not putting stuff out regularly you will fail, no matter how good your content is.

    I'm sure Tom can give you more info, but I believe he recorded a whole "season" and is releasing them on a schedule. How far in advance you record before release depends on a lot of factors, a big one would be time and money. I think Joe Rogan does his live or "live-ish." But if you have a full time job, recording and editing takes a while, so you're going to want to be pretty well stocked on content before you start releasing it.
    Currently reading: Field of Blood by Karen Armstrong

    Just finished reading:Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

    Friend me on Facebook

    Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    The basic rule for any social media content is steady flow. Everything is based on algorithms now, so social media "down ranks" you if you don't post constant content (how much interaction your post gets also effects rankings), but basically if you're not putting stuff out regularly you will fail, no matter how good your content is.

    I'm sure Tom can give you more info, but I believe he recorded a whole "season" and is releasing them on a schedule. How far in advance you record before release depends on a lot of factors, a big one would be time and money. I think Joe Rogan does his live or "live-ish." But if you have a full time job, recording and editing takes a while, so you're going to want to be pretty well stocked on content before you start releasing it.
    Makes sense. I never really give much thought to these internet/social media realities. . . ranking algorithms, constant flow on-par with or before consistent quality. . . Godwin's Law (oops, that was another wlforums post).

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_here View Post
    Makes sense. I never really give much thought to these internet/social media realities. . . ranking algorithms, constant flow on-par with or before consistent quality. . . Godwin's Law (oops, that was another wlforums post).
    Tony hit the nail on the head, we started recording this season towards the end of June. We start researching for the podcast back in April and one constant thing we notices was the quality of content went down after a while on weekly episodic podcasts. So what we decided to do was follow a season format. We recorded all ten episodes and start releasing them three weeks ago. This will run till the middle of October. But in the meantime we will be starting to record season 2 in September and have it ready to go in November. We try to keep the content evergreen, but with personal relationships that can get difficult. We are always willing to take suggestions on guests but have our list and back ups for Season 2 pretty much set, just need to start reaching out to them and confirming dates to record the interviews.

    Thanks for the interest and I'd be more than happy to answer any and all questions my email is tom@thestrengthagenda.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •