Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Rare bench press sighting and more volume

9/22/18 Day 19 - Week 3

I decided to see how bench was feeling after I did all my work for the day and for week 3. It went better than I expected. I don't know when I will try benching again, but I would like to do more than 1 rep with 315 lbs. Besides the benching at the end of the workout, the overall workout went well. My body is very fatigued from the volume from this week.

Talk after workout: 7:37

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Heavy lifts and pre lift shaking by a friend

9/24/18 - Week 4 - Day 1

In this workout, I had some heavy lifts for both the snatch and clean/jerks. They both went pretty well. I would have liked to not have any misses with my snatches, but with the two that I did have, my form with them was much better than when I missed last week. Missing them both behind is progress for me. Snatches are continuing to feel better and better. Clean/jerks continue to move well. Pulls and squats went well too.

School talk: 0:00 - 1:02
    Workout: 1:02 - 6:42
    Workout talk: 6:42

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Hang power snatches and high block cleans | Talking about my recent popular video

9/25/18

In this workout, I had some good snatch work with the high hang power snatches. I also did high block power cleans for the first time ever. They are definitely difficult to do, especially to catch them as a power.

After workout talk: 4:56

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Hitting some more work

9/27/18 - Day 4 - Week 4

Workout and school talk: 4:33

Post Thanks / Like
    No VLog today or tomorrow

9/28/18 - Day 5 - Week 4

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Heavier snatches, clean/jerks, and back squat

9/29/18 - Day 6 - Week 4

In this workout, I had heavy work in every lift and had my heaviest programmed squat so far.

VLog: Hitting some heavy lifts on this day

10/1/18 Day 1 - Week 5

Let me know how you like the transitions between my reps I did during some of my clips in the middle of my workout. They weren't too hard to edit in, but it does take a little bit of extra time, but if it looks good, I'm cool with putting in the extra effort to do them.

Besides that, I had a really good day of lifting. Almost a great day, but I hit a lot of good lifts. Snatches are continuing to move in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Workout and briefly the Supreme court hearing

10/2/18 Day 2 - Week 5

Some more work on this day. I talk about the workout, school, and politics after my workout. I cover the Kavanaugh hearing very, very briefly at the very end.

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: High hang snatches, power cleans, and some schedule adjustments at school

10/3/18 - Day 3 - Week 5

I'm continuing to put in the work in the gym and things continue to move pretty well. After my workout, I talk about some scheduling changes I could potentially for school.

Post Thanks / Like
    VLog: Hangs and powers

10/5/18 - Day 5 - Week 5

I did workout on 10/4/18, but I forgot my SD card, so I didn't get to record that workout since I wanted to use my phone to listen to music. Half of the time when I listen to music it's less to hear the music and more to not hear or see as easily the cringe worthy exercises.

I'm going to play around with the editing of my next video. I may make my warm up clips shorter and leave my heavier sets less edited in terms of cutting parts out. We'll see though. The more editing I do, the more time I have to spend on each video, and I often to have the time to spend during the week when I edit.

The part at the end where I talk about posting more stuff on Instagram won't work with putting videos on my story. So I won't be able to do that unless I edit more clips from my workouts. It won't effect much on here, since I post all of the prescribed sets I am given for each workout.

Post Thanks / Like
    220 lb snatch double (kind of), 285 lb clean/jerk double, 420 lb back squat

10/6/18 - Day 6 - Week 5

Week 5 is all done. It ended on a great workout. I'm feeling a bit beat up from it, but this is one my best workouts since starting this programming. I had a bad 220 lb snatch that I ran forward, but the rest of my snatches went really well. And everything else I did went as well as I was hoping.

I want to, of course, continue to work at my snatches and building my consistency with them, but I also want to work on my footwork in my jerk. My coach, recommended that I do some work on my off day to work on doing the footwork properly. I tend to "cross" my fit a bit too much, which makes balancing and stabilizing the weight at the top a bit more difficult than it should.