Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    Deadlifts and an OHP PR

7/10/18

In this workout, I worked to a heavy single on the deadlift and OHP and then did some volume work after. I also did some tricep accessory work that I did not film.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back squat and Push Press PR

7/12/18

I had a really good workout today where I was able to hit a lifetime back squat PR and a lifetime push press PR. I'm glad I was able to do some good work in my first workout down here in South Carolina.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoulder Work and Tour of South Carolina Gym

7/13/18

Today I did some shoulder work through snatch balances, snatch pushes, and power jerks. I also did a quick gym tour of where I'm working out while I'm South Carolina this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pause front squats and snatch pulls with some snatch work

7/15/18

The plan was to do my front squat and snatch pull work. I was feeling pretty good after that , so I tried to do some snatch work, which didn't go well. Fatigued set in well when I was doing them and the bar I was using frankly sucked. Not a good combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back to it after a few days off

7/20/18

This was my first lift back after taking some time off while I was done in South Carolina. The gym I was at was not very good for heavy weightlifting, and I decided it would be a good time to take a few days off before hitting it hard again.

My focus now is to prep for my competition, which means my weightlifting movements will be coming before my squatting I do during the week. I have about 4 weeks until I compete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cluster doubles with the snatch and clean/jerk

7/20/18

On this day I worked on doing doubles with snatches and clean/jerks. There were technically clusters since I took more time between the reps to be considered a true double. I was general happy with how my lifts went. i did a lot of technique work at the end to work on my snatches, and I'm slowly figuring them out.

Last edited by JimTheThird; 07-22-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Front squat single, pulls, and some snatch work

7/21/18

I did some snatches before working to a heavy front squat single. I finished the workout with some clean pulls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lighter volume day

7/22/18

Today was a lighter day volume wise. It went really well. I was happy with how my form felt with both lifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Able to hit my openers and a deadlift PR

7/23/18

This heavy single day went really well. I was able to hit what I would like to be my openers for my meet. I also was able to hit a PR for myself in weightlifting shoes. I'm getting closer and closer to beating my best ever deadlift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Starting out the week on a good note

7/25/18

I'm happy with how this workout went. I took my friend/coach's advice to add in some work with powers, and I liked how they felt on this day. I want to continue to add weight to my back squat each week as I move closer to my meet. I'll add about 20 lbs each week, if I'm able to do so. It is hard to squat after doing other work, which I haven't for a while since I have been focusing on strength work.