Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Olympic Weightlifting Training | Snatch work, pulls, rows, and getting generally jacked and tan

I did quite a bit of volume in this workout. A lot of that volume came from snatches, but I did a lot of pulling work as well. I show some of my extra accessory work I did at the end of my workout. I try to add these in to some of my workouts to the end of the week.

9/7/17

Daily Jim 16 - 9/12/17 [Podcast]

Part 1: Recess
    Part 2: Recess 2
    Part 3: Hammering away at the gym

https://anchor.fm/jimthethird/episodes/cde5c4

Weightlifting Training | Upper body push workout

In this workout, I did a lot of upper body pushing work. I worked to a heavy jerk, then did some push presses, and ended with some OHP. Everything moved well with this workout. I want to dip a bit deeper on my jerk and when I dropped down from 260 lbs, I did a better job of that, and as a result, those jerks felt better.

9/8/17

Olympic Weightlifting Training | Hitting lots of volume with snatches, cleans, and squats

I did a lot of volume with the snatch, clean, and squat with this workout. I recorded a video today updating everything with my training and also recorded one that is more personal. Both will be going up on this channel in the next week and will be put on my Podcast as well.

Olympic Weightlifting Training | Snatch practice and volume work after a heavy squat single

In this workout, I wanted to hit a lot of volume and start out with some snatch work and press work. I followed that up with rows. After that I did a heavy single on squats followed by some squat volume sets. After all of that I did some weighted dips.

9/11/17

An update on my training and where I'm heading

A thought it would be a good idea to record an update video talking about my training in a longer format. If you look where you are reading this now in the description, I try to describe my workouts and add various notes about my training. I may try to get into doing some weekly updates in this format, but I may not do them every week.

I am also planning on recording a house update later this week and a review of the barbell I have been using. If there are things you want to know about me or my training, let me know, and I can try to make a video covering that. If you are interested in my day-to-day life, check out my Podcast, which is linked below.

Music by Joakim Karud

Olympic Weightlifting Training | Clean practice and heavy front squats

In this workout, I did some no feet cleans followed by some jerk practice and clean pulls. After my weightlifting work, I went to do a heavy single on the front squat, which I did at 325 lbs. I did some volume after that. I also videoed some of my shoulder accessory. I really like doing rear delt flies. I find that I get a good fatigue in the back on my shoulders and I recover from them quickly.

9/12/17