Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy single day - Week 1 | Commentary

This workout was the heavy single heavy single day of the program that is given for each week of training. I didn't hit as high of numbers that I would have liked, but I feel like this is a getting starting point for me to build from. I don't expect to hit new PRs a ton when I'm training in this program. My focus right now is to build strength, so if my maxes move up a bit from week to week on the heavy single day as I increase the amount of work that I do each week, I'll be happy. I also have the goal of being consistent with my lifts and that will come with improving form as I get stronger.

2-3-18

Post Thanks / Like
    More front squats, but with more weight | Commentary

This was my first workout of the week and that means more front squats. I added 5 lbs from last week. It continued to be difficult, but manageable, which was good. I also had some snatch pulls, push presses, and some dips.

2/5/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatch balance and overhead squats

Workout featuring some snatch balance and overhead squat complex work.

Post Thanks / Like
    More front squats, snatch pulls, and jerks | Commentary

This is Day 3 of the second week of my strength cycle. Front squats were at the same weight as on Monday, but felt a little bit easier. I had one less set, but all of the sets felt a bit better. I accidently wore a thick t-shirt, so that made me do my snatch pulls without a shirt on, which got some comedic reactions from other people in the gym. Jerks also felt really good on this day, so hopefully, I'm able to keep progressing at those.

2-7-18

Post Thanks / Like
    Light workout moved well | Commentary

I forgot to render this video, so this is out of order. This workout happened before the 2-7-18 workout. It is the Day 2 workout and is a lighter workout.

2-6-18

Post Thanks / Like
    Week 2 Heavy single day went amazing | Commentary

This is the max single day of week two of the strength program, and it went extremely well for me. I was able to hit a 215 lb snatch with only 1 miss, and I was able to hit a 285 lb clean and jerk with a random clean miss with 245 lbs that I talk about in the video. I hope to build upon this workout for next week and continue to get stronger.

2-10-18

Post Thanks / Like
    More weight, yet it is all still moving | Commentary

I'm not sure how long I will be able to progress the weights up each week, but so far this week, it has been going well so far. I hope that this focus on front squats will help with my quad develop. I definitely feel like I'm becoming better at the movement and that is helping me continue to be able to add weight each week. I'm being conservative with how much weight I add. I'm adding 5 lbs each week for squats and for various presses. I have been slightly more aggressive with my pulls adding 10 lbs each week, but that is more because I'm doing each verision of the clean or snatch pull once a week.

2/12/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Small changes to make things go a bit quicker | Commentary

This is the Day 2 workout of the week and a lighter one when compared to others. Everything moved well with this workout. One change that I made to how the program was originally written was that I combined the cleans and jerks instead of doing them separate. I also added a front squat to the end of the clean complex. Next week,I will be adding in some hang cleans and potentially a pause jerk.

2/13/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Slippery floors and more heavy lifts | Commentary

The second heavy day of the week,and the workout went well. Front squats continue to go well. And my other lifts are continuing to move well, so hopefully that continues to be the case.

2/14/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Overhead snatch work | Commentary

This is the Day 4 workout of the week and everything continued to move well. I had one random failed rep on the day that I think from me not focusing on the rep at the time.

2/16/18