Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixing my squat and weightlifting work | Commentary

This is the workout where I figured out that I wasn't squeezing my glutes at the top of the squat, which is something that is helping with them now a ton. I did some deadlifts the day before posting this video, and they helped a lot of them as well. Sometimes it's the little things that make a huge difference.

12/27/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Florida day 1 for Jim The Third

Let me know what you think of this VLog. I took all the talking parts with my phone, which is much easier. I may be able to do more of them when I'm back home.

This is the first day of my trip to Florida. So far we have gotten some productive work completed alongside with some lifting. Since this is an unique time for me, I'm trying to chronicle it a bit. I also posted this video without as many of the workout clips on our channel for the gym.

Post Thanks / Like
    Florida Trip | Last Two Days | VLog

These are the clips I took from my last two days in Florida. I'm back in the cold of Ohio. Soon I'll be back to regular programming. But I may try to VLog a bit more. I won't be able to all the time, but from time to time I may. Either way, I'll be on my normal lifting routine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy bench day and combining two days of training | Commentary

I combined two different workouts into one in order to prevent me from having to workout three times when I was in Florida. I worked to a moderate squat today, heavy bench, some weightlifting, and finished up with some deadlift work. My deadlifts were rushed, so I didn't take many warm ups, but everything felt and looked pretty good on this workout.

1/6/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Squat PR, deadlifts went badly | Commentary

This workout had some highs and lows with it. I was able to hit a 10 lb high bar squat PR and tie my lifetime squat PR with a 455 lb squat. Deadlifts after I did some bench work did not go well. I felt tired and weak when doing them. Hopefully, I'm able to train better this week and hit a better number next week when I have more heavy deadlifts.

1/8/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatches and Push Press | VLog

I did a bit of a VLog with this workout. I ended up ranting for a bit about someone getting in my way and about my need for more mental toughness.

1/11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy bench and combining two workouts | Commentary

A snow storm made the gym close early on the previous day, which was great because they only place they made that available was on their Facebook and made no notice of it elsewhere, so my roommate and I drove all the way to the gym. They had some very bad communication, especially when they have each person's email and can inform us with that, but instead chose to not do so. Because of their failure to be open on Friday at their normal hours, I had to cut out some things in my workout and to combine my Day 3 and 4 workouts. I did most of the stuff I had planned, I just didn't do too much extra stuff that I wanted to do.

1/13/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Last heavy session before meet | Commentary

This was my last heavy workout before my meet. The focus now will be continuing to hit some light lifts and getting as recovered as I can be for my competition. I could potentially have one more heavier bench session, but I think I will instead just keep the percentages with bench a bit higher since it is easier to recover from them.

1/15/18

Post Thanks / Like
    LIght workout and figuring out cleans | Commentary

In this workout, I did some light work in the 3 main powerlifts and some weightlifting work after. The workout went well. This is the start of my deload and my workouts until next Saturday will stay pretty light if I"m smart. So hopefully I can be.

1/17/18

Post Thanks / Like
    A non-workout day VLog

I decided to make a video with some stuff I did on an off-day. I live a pretty boring life, but there are days where I don't go to the gym.