Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    Olympic Weightlifting Training | Clean + Push Presses and Barbell Rows

This is the last workout of my deload. I plan on continuing with this structure of video for the time being. In this workout, I did some clean to push presses and then some rows. I also did some back extension and rear delt flies, but I didn't feel the need to record those. I think my deload went pretty well. We'll see how my workouts feels as I start the new week.

9/30/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean/Jerk PR | Olympic Weightlifting Training

In this workout, I hit a new best in the clean/jerk. I wasn't able to transfer my commentary out of Anchor since their program was not performing correctly when I tried to do it. So just a normal workout video for today. I'm working on trying to get their program to work. Once it does, I should be able to put up the commentary with my videos.

10/3/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on back with some rows and some Bench Press | Olympic Weightlifting Training

In this workout, I wanted to work on doing some barbell rows and some bench press. I did some light weightlifting work before I did rows and bench. Everything moved well with these movements. I was affected more by this workout in the next few days than I was expecting, but on this day, I had a good workout.

10/4/17

Last edited by JimTheThird; 10-07-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weightlifting work | Snatch grip BTN Presses | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Commentary

I forgot my SD card, so I had to record with my iPhone, which affects the quality and the quantity of video that I was able to get. In this workout, I did some snatches, some clean/jerk, and some snatch grip btn pressing.

10/5/17

Post Thanks / Like
    OHP work after some snatches | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Commentary

I took my time warming up before this workout, and my body responded well, so I pushed the snatches until I failed at 205 lbs. I was very happy with the rep, but when catch it below a certain height, my quads are not strong enough to follow the weight to the bottom. This results in me crashing into the bottom, and I don't have the shoulders to maintain the bar positioning when this happens. So this just means I need to get my quads and shoulders stronger. I also did some OHP. I believe 175 lbs is a new 1 rep max for me, but I'm not sure. I hope to be able to do that weight again soon with much better form.

10/6/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatch complex and heavy deadlifts | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Commentary

In this workout, I did some snatch work in the form of a complex and some snatch pulls. After doing snatch pulls, I moved on to do some deadlifted. I worked up to a heavy single. After doing that work, I did some dips.

10/7/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatch complexes and squats | Olympic Weightlifting Training

My phone was broke on this day. Thankfully, I'm getting a new one soon that will allow me to have a more stable device. Because of my phone issues, I didn't add commentary to this video. On this day I did some snatch complexes followed by some back squats. I was extra achy today, so I wasn't able to push the back squats as heavy as I would have liked.

10/9/17

Post Thanks / Like
    C+J Complexes and Front Squats | Olympic Weightlifting Training

I did some difficult clean and jerk complexes today. I followed that work up with some front squat. Everything in this workout went well. I was a bit beat up after this workout, but I got a lot of good work done in this workout.

10/10/17

Post Thanks / Like
    About 75% for snatches and clean/jerks | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Commentary

In the workout, I worked up to just under 75% for both the snatch and the clean and jerk. The goal for today was to practice the movements a bit while getting prepared for heavy singles the next day. I was a bit achy during this workout, but I felt like it went well.

10/12/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy snatch, C+J, and Deadlift | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Commentary

Today I did some heavy singles and they went alright. I missed more attempts on snatches than I would have liked. Clean and jerks went better. A bit of a press out with my heaviest single, but overall, I'm happy with how they went. I failed 565 lbs on the deadlift after getting 525 lbs. I think I was tired from doing my heavy singles before it. I decided to do some stiff legged deadlifts after to do some hamstring work. I will be adding those in from time to time.

10/13/17