Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim The Third's Log

Post Thanks / Like
    Front Squat and snatch volume | Olympic Weightlifting Training

This workout started with some hard front squats followed by some volume work.

11/10/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Max out day and a failed back squat | Olympic Weightlifting Training

In this max out day, I was happy with the snatch I was able to hit. My legs were sore, so I didn't have as much to put towards my clean and jerks. Squats went decent until my failed weight. I was still happy to have hit 410 lbs.

11/12/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy back squats and some rare split jerks | Olympic Weightlifting Training

In this workout, I had some heavy doubles with the back squats. I had some snatch pulls and ended the workout with some jerk work. I decided to do some split jerks and they felt surprisingly good. So I may start working with them a bit more to see if they are going to be a little bit more efficient. I also want to continue to improve the form on my split squat jerks to be a bit more efficient.

11/14/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Update video about training and prep for upcoming meet

I thought I would make an update video about my training and my prep.

My prep for my meet will start at the end of this week and then I compete on the 17th. I think I will make a series about my prep leading up to my first weightlifting meet. That will start next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snatch and clean/jerk wave sets | Olympic Weightlifting Training

This workout was interesting. I had to do waves at different percentages. For both snatches and clean/jerks I started a 75% went to 78% and then went to 80%. After that I went back down to 75% and started back up. It didn't have too heavy of weight, but was difficult to do.

11/15/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Max out day, PR snatch and total | Olympic Weightlifting Training

This max out went great. I was able to hit a lifetime PR on snatches and then hit my a 275 lbs clean/jerk, which gave me a PR total for the two lifts together. I ended by working up to a heavy single on front squat. I noticed a slight difference in the positioning of my left arm when I do front squat. It is something I am going to work on.

11/18/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Accessory workout with Bench Press PR

Before I start really deloading, I wanted to do a heavy bench press single as well as a heavy deadlift pull to see where they were at about. I was pleasantly surprised. Besides what I filmed, I did a bunch of random accessory work. It was a fun workout. But for the next couple of days after this workout, I will rest and will enjoy my Thanksgiving.

11/20/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of singles | Olympic Weightlifting Training | Meet prep

This is the first video of my series of videos leading up until my first meet. In this workout, I had lots of singles to do. I pushed the weight a bit, which worked better with clean and jerks than with snatches. Form could have been better with my snatches, but I didn't fail any lifts, so that is a big positive.

11/24/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy singles and getting used to using hook grip on snatches again | Olympic Weightlifting Training

In this workout, I had some heavy singles with snatches, clean and jerks, and front squats followed by some singles at lighter weights. I finished the workout with some weighted back extensions which really burned my hamstrings.

11/25/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Weightlifting meet prep plans talk

In this video I talk about the prep that I am doing for my first weightlifting meet and the video series around for it.