Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Eleiko NxG bar

Post Thanks / Like

Eleiko NxG bar

Does anyone have experience with these yet? Any thoughts on how they differ from the hand made ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Broz has a really in-depth review up.

I personally have lifted on a 20kg NxG performance bar (from when it was on Eleiko's closeout, used in a competition) and have a 15kg performance bar for the ladies at the gym I work at. The bars were "used" but had probably less than 3 days of lifting usage, spun like an out-of-the-box Eleiko. They are still pretty new, like a month's worth of daily usage now, so hard to comment on the quality of the spin. I have an Eleiko Sport Training bar which took about 6 months to really start to spin freely, not sure if this will also be the case with the NxG since they're using new tech. Right now they are consistent and smooth and the ease and quality of rotation feel comparable to the competition Uesaka that I have (which is a good thing), and Broz's review also corroborates that the new bearing/race system may not spin as freely by hand, but should be consistent, predictable, and spins exactly as much as the bar needs to when you want it to when turning it over or into the front rack. I'll do an update a few months down the line if they stay the same or if they start to spin more like the older generation of Eleikos.

Knurling for both bars is soft but still has good bite, though I guess Eleiko is infamous for sometimes being inconsistent about which bars have what grade knurling. These are both as advertised, though, a little sharp but not deep.

Whip feels the same as my Sport Training bar so far.

Tolerances are super tight. Broz's review claims that because the Performance line shares major manufacturing steps with the Competition line, most differences between the bars are going to be due to calibration.

I'm a fan, will probably buy my own to train with eventually (the 20kg I have used is my friend's).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by milkbeforecereal View Post
    Broz has a really in-depth review up.

I personally have lifted on a 20kg NxG performance bar (from when it was on Eleiko's closeout, used in a competition) and have a 15kg performance bar for the ladies at the gym I work at. The bars were "used" but had probably less than 3 days of lifting usage, spun like an out-of-the-box Eleiko. They are still pretty new, like a month's worth of daily usage now, so hard to comment on the quality of the spin. I have an Eleiko Sport Training bar which took about 6 months to really start to spin freely, not sure if this will also be the case with the NxG since they're using new tech. Right now they are consistent and smooth and the ease and quality of rotation feel comparable to the competition Uesaka that I have (which is a good thing), and Broz's review also corroborates that the new bearing/race system may not spin as freely by hand, but should be consistent, predictable, and spins exactly as much as the bar needs to when you want it to when turning it over or into the front rack. I'll do an update a few months down the line if they stay the same or if they start to spin more like the older generation of Eleikos.

Knurling for both bars is soft but still has good bite, though I guess Eleiko is infamous for sometimes being inconsistent about which bars have what grade knurling. These are both as advertised, though, a little sharp but not deep.

Whip feels the same as my Sport Training bar so far.

Tolerances are super tight. Broz's review claims that because the Performance line shares major manufacturing steps with the Competition line, most differences between the bars are going to be due to calibration.

I'm a fan, will probably buy my own to train with eventually (the 20kg I have used is my friend's).
    Thank you for this!!! I'm looking at buying a new bar, currently have a 2001 ZKC bar, mainly b/c I want a slightly sharper knurl for daily lifting. The knurling on my ZKC bar is just a bit too smooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a 15kg NxG WL training bar for the girls. I haven't lifted on it obviously, but the spin looks to be pretty consistent with my 20kg WL training bar (older version from about a year ago). Knurling on the NxG feels great.

its only been a week so far but the girls love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I messed with the bar at Broz's. I didn't lift with it but the knurl felt very nice and precise. Spin was as I would expect a newer bar. Angelo uses it.