Likes Likes:  102
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 World Championships, Anaheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Mart Seim..... respect. That 253 was gutsy as heck with all the Iranians in the crowd booing the heck out of him.

What a session.
    Probably my favorite lift of the session.

2. Likes thatmoutain, pdmanseau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dholtsberry View Post
    Probably my favorite lift of the session.
    Reis hitting the 2nd attempt snatch at 200 was good to see as well, a shame he couldn't go on with it in the C&J.

Seim looks like he peaked so well for Worlds. I feel like he wanted to take 191 on 2nd attempt snatch so he could have 2 shots at it for a PR, then when he got it first time he didn't really know what to do with the 3rd attempt. But the 253 jerk, he knew it was for a medal, the atmosphere was electric and he got it anyway totally on the limit and coming off a missed 2nd. So happy for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJonty View Post
    Last day of worlds, top 2 in the superheavy men have served doping suspensions in the past (Alihosseini was previously banned for life) and the top 2 in the superheavy women are a lifter who served a doping suspension and a male to female transgender.

Wish I could only be excited about two lifters putting together exceptional 6/6 performances to sweep golds on the last day of competition.
    I bet you're a really cool guy to hang out with

5. Likes thatmoutain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypanda View Post
    I bet you're a really cool guy to hang out with
    Just stating facts, man. For the record I was hoping Lasha would take the total record on his 2nd C&J and take the WR C&J on his 3rd. Damn their sensible strategy.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that its probably a matter of time before he gets banned again, so he should have went for the C&J as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't say Im a huge fan or Lasha or the Iranians but I di get a chuckle that he beat two of them this time.

Now we'll just have to see if the IWF and USAWL get hacked and if the Iranian fanbase goes on a rampage like a bunch of dickbags.

Post Thanks / Like
    aah.. it's becoming a stereotype now.. wait once you'll be called: "you act like an iranian fan"

Post Thanks / Like
    So we all agree Lasha is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. That 220 looked insane, he moves so fast outta the whole I thought he powered his second attempt. Drugs or not there is no one on PEDS making 220 look like a warmup weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    So we all agree Lasha is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. That 220 looked insane, he moves so fast outta the whole I thought he powered his second attempt. Drugs or not there is no one on PEDS making 220 look like a warmup weight.
    Nobody else has ever done it, even with the 1980s level drug testing. So there is that.

But without drugs there would be no 220. Easily or with a struggle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go check the IWF Instagram right now and the comments on posts about Lasha