Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: psstein training log

Post Thanks / Like

psstein training log

I figured it was better to do this so that I don't have everything dependent on my training log. After realizing that my technique was total shit, I decided to rebuild it from top down.

Clean: Technique work, 2x2x30 (I've decided to check my ego at the door. When my technique is adequate at lower weights, I'll add weight).

Snatch: Technique work, 1x2x20 (didn't bother using more than the bar; fighting biceps tendonitis from my tendency to use the arms as power source).

Press: 4x4x43, didn't want to aggravate shoulders any worse.

Back Squat (slow eccentric): 3x3x84, hurt to hold bar on my back and focus was on working the legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't posted in awhile because I haven't really done anything particularly interesting. I've been working with a coach to relearn technique/fix my current problems. Right now, I tend to cut the extension short (in the SN) or miss it entire (clean).

With that said, today's session:

Squat:
    1x5xbar
    1x5x42.5
    1x3x60
    1x1x65
    1x1x79.5
    4x5x84 (my leg strength has been awful and I've had a bad tendency to divebomb. I'm working on "slow down, fast up.")

No hook/no feet SN:
    1x2xbar
    2x2x30
    2x2x35
    1x1x40
    3x2x45

Turns out that I don't tighten my back up enough and grip a bit too narrow, so the bar contacts me low and I under-extend. It's all part of the process, I guess. Hopefully by this time next month, I'll have some decent(ish) numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Long day today, got to train due to getting research/writing out of the way earlier in the day:

Back Squat up to heavy single, then backoffs:
    1x5xbar
    1x3x60
    1x3x70
    1x2x80
    1x1x84
    1x1x93
    1x1x98
    1x1x102

Back-offs: 1x3x93, 5x2x93

Into SN (found out why NOT to squat first today, but I need the leg strength)

1x2xbar
    1x2x30
    2x2x35
    5x1x45 (didn't extend enough at first, kept going until 5 good reps), all P. SN. by the end
    3x1x50 (focus on keeping back tight, started moving well afterward. I hump the bar if I don't stay tight).

Not the best session, but not the worst. Grad school and WL are a tough combination.

I'm going to stay with the daily max BS for a bit, but probably change the backoffs. I get too aggressive with doubles/triples and end up going too heavy. Probably going to drop down to something like 3x5/4x5.
    Last edited by psstein; 12-11-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was an awful session:

BS up to 3x5x86, leg strength still sucks. After I get over 125, I'll consider squatting at a different time

Power Clean+ Power Jerk, up to 2x2x42.

I have trouble keeping the lats tight on the clean, so I miss the extension and end up with a jumping upright row into a reverse curl. Tomorrow is going to involve SN, clean pulls, and lots of technique work.