Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Please critique my upcoming program

Post Thanks / Like

Please critique my upcoming program

Hi, I have been reading through Roman's book on training weightlifters and I decided that I would try to plan my own training. I'm a class II lifter and have been training for around 1.5 years. This is the upcoming preparation phase, which will run for 4 weeks. Please tell me what you think. Here's the link:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3665...g-Plan-Block-1

Post Thanks / Like
    On Wed, PP for 75% of CJ seems kinda high. Unless that's off PC. Especially as it's lighter in week 2-4.

The pulls seem very heavy in the early weeks but then again, your total probably has a lot of room to spare. OTOH, you've been training for a year and a half so you should have something of a stable total.

That's really the only thing glaring I see. Hopefully Brian will chime in on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    On Wed, PP for 75% of CJ seems kinda high. Unless that's off PC. Especially as it's lighter in week 2-4.

The pulls seem very heavy in the early weeks but then again, your total probably has a lot of room to spare. OTOH, you've been training for a year and a half so you should have something of a stable total.

That's really the only thing glaring I see. Hopefully Brian will chime in on this.
    The power clean + push clean press is off of my c+j max. I can comfortably do close to 80%, so the 75% will be difficult. Maybe I should scale it back so that it is somewhat challenging but not too taxing?

Roman suggests front-loading the pulling volume and cutting the volume latter in the block, while back-loading the volume of higher intensity squats. That is why there's more pulls in the first week, slightly less in the second, and so on. Does this make sense to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Roman suggests front-loading the pulling volume
    oh, ok. sure, go for it and see how it works out.

I figure for the PCPP, it would scale up every week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    oh, ok. sure, go for it and see how it works out.

I figure for the PCPP, it would scale up every week.
    I will try that with the pcpp!

Also, I just reread my comment about the pulling volume, and I didn’t mean to come off snarky at the end. I was trying to ask what you thought about the idea. Sorry about that.