Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnold final start list?

Post Thanks / Like

Arnold final start list?

Just curious if anyone knows when the start list would be finalized. I'm trying to plan accordingly. As of now they just have sessions times and my start total overlaps two sessions so not sure which one I fall under. One of the times is 7:30 am which to me is kind of ridiculous. As someone who works second shift having to be at weigh ins at 5:30am is a nightmare. Paying 100+ dollars to sign up for the meet plus travel expenses and having to compete in a strength/athletic sport at 7:30 in the morning seems utterly rediculous and unfair. I'm sure to some I sound like a baby but competing that early in the morning seems completely impractical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not till 2 days before the arnolds.

A tangential question, if I'm attending the AO1 as a new coach, do I need to attend any of the wednesday meetings? Or anything else that may be mandatory? I can't make it to the AO1 until friday night.

Post Thanks / Like
    It'$ about getting a$ many lifters into the competition a$ po$$ible.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I easily qualified for 85kgs and I only weighed 79kgs can I drop down to 77kg weight class to get out of that morning session?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    If I easily qualified for 85kgs and I only weighed 79kgs can I drop down to 77kg weight class to get out of that morning session?
    Usually, the qualifying total must be posted in the weight class entered. Sometimes, you can move up if your total in the lighter class would be enough for the heavier one.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can basically enter any session you've qualified for as long as you attend the technical meeting to make the necessary changes and weigh what you are supposed to weigh when you step on the scale.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of you have mentioned meetings? Is there a mandatory meeting that all athletes have to attend prior to the competition starting on Thursday? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. So if I lift on Saturday I have to get a hotel Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday instead of just Friday? This isn't Nationals after all, seems a bit much to have to be there 3 days ahead for a regional competition. Also shouldn't I have received emails from usaw regarding all of my questions. Since signing up Ive receive no information about the competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Between now and preferably 2-3 days before the technical meeting you can email National Office for any changes regarding weight category and entry totals. The technical meeting is optional unless you need to make a very last minute change. It is important to check the final schedule immediately upon its release; lifters will often have made changes that can and will affect your session. I remember Rob Blackwell missed his session at the 2011 Nationals because they did not check the final schedule to see that he was moved down to the B session if I recall.

Everything is optional but it is a good idea to keep tabs on the meeting and any final schedule changes made right after or have someone on site to double check the entries for you or to make last minute changes if you cannot be there. It is a National level competition that counts towards qualifying for international teams so it will be treated as such.

All the information is on the event page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post
    It'$ about getting a$ many lifters into the competition a$ po$$ible.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

10. Likes SilverStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows when the start list would be finalized. I'm trying to plan accordingly. As of now they just have sessions times and my start total overlaps two sessions so not sure which one I fall under. One of the times is 7:30 am which to me is kind of ridiculous. As someone who works second shift having to be at weigh ins at 5:30am is a nightmare. Paying 100+ dollars to sign up for the meet plus travel expenses and having to compete in a strength/athletic sport at 7:30 in the morning seems utterly rediculous and unfair. I'm sure to some I sound like a baby but competing that early in the morning seems completely impractical.
    I'm waiting on it also, as I also overlap 2 sessions, Thursday night and Friday morning (5:30 weigh-in!!). Good luck, hopefully I'll see you there!!