Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arnold final start list?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wittmer View Post
    Phil, that was not intended to be criticism. Everyone should know weightlifting meets cost money to put on. Plus, it's OK for USAW to make money from any and all events. I always lifted whenever and wherever possible, just to support the sport. Made my son do the same, even when he was lifting in a grade school cafeteria, (as he said with a bunch of football players doing crappy power cleans) two weeks after a nationals. What if they put on a weightlifting meet, and no one shows up?
    Understood! Mike, you've always spoken openly!

2. Dislikes CNL disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
    Will there be any training platforms at the venue or do I (we) have to figure out how to get to Rogue? Either way I expect its gonna be a colossal CF
    The training hall is about 20,000sqft and is located at Rogue Fitness' Steelwood Facility. We are working out transportation arrangements.

To set expectations, the layout is likely to be similar the 2015 2-Platform Arnold (the last Arnold I attended personally!), the layout will be very tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last question I think lol. Are those session times/totals set in stone or are those subject to change as well? Reason I ask is because if I change my entry total to get into a later session, is there a chance that entry total might change and put me back in the early morning session?

Post Thanks / Like
    It would depend on if other athletes change their entry totals as well. As I stated in my post, Rob Blackwell was moved from the A to the B session at the 2011 nationals if i recall. By Wednesday evening everything is set in stone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the address or name of the actual convention center or facility where the competition will take place?

7. Dislikes Bulldog73 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    Does anyone know the address or name of the actual convention center or facility where the competition will take place?
    Again, all this information is right on www.usaweightlifting.org and click on the event. The Convention Center is named the Greater Columbus Convention Center, right in the heart of downtown Columbus OH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will there be an online live stream
    of all of the sessions or is that only for the American Open/Nationals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pufatr01 View Post
    Will there be an online live stream
    of all of the sessions or is that only for the American Open/Nationals?
    Yes, all live on www.usaweightlifting.org (www.teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/live)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAndrews View Post
    Again, all this information is right on www.usaweightlifting.org and click on the event. The Convention Center is named the Greater Columbus Convention Center, right in the heart of downtown Columbus OH.
    Hey Phil, I’ve been trying to view the start list for AO1/Arnold via the event page and it appears the link may be broken. I’ve tried both Chrome and Safari over about 48 hours now with no luck.