Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twisting during heavy snatches

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Erdman View Post
    You could try one arm swings with the weak side.
    kettle bell swings?

Post Thanks / Like
    There would be a couple of things to check next.....

* the internal rotation on the left shoulder, you might be going around a few positions on that side.
    * weight distribution through your feet. Are you shifting weight (and a portion of your body) to your right foot.
    * Can you get an improvement by upping strength on that left side. As Matt suggested, KB swings on left side, or you could try single leg squats, suitcase deadlifts.... there are several options.

Post Thanks / Like
    How would I take this extra volume into account? Would you take away volume from other exercises?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would do a simple exchange from whatever your otherwise planned snatch work was supposed to be; you're going to have to back off the intensity of the snatch work until you can straighten it out. Is there a comp on the horizon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    I would do a simple exchange from whatever your otherwise planned snatch work was supposed to be; you're going to have to back off the intensity of the snatch work until you can straighten it out. Is there a comp on the horizon?
    My next competition is in 7 weeks (3 more weeks of a prep macro and then 4 weeks of a comp macro).

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can make some technical symmetry improvements in those next 3 weeks (even if the weight on the bar is down a bit) then you should be able to confidently take those improvements into the comp prep. I had a lifter essentially drop 12-15% in intensity for their snatching over a month and make those reps a halting variation, I feel like the loaded ended up around the same.

Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't come down to luck though.

Post Thanks / Like

Workout shirts

I design workout shirts for guys and women. Please check out my site and let me know what you think. Thanks https://teespring.com/stores/fit-never-quit-fnq

8. Dislikes Bulldog73, SilverStar, mbasic disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasebolden View Post
    kettle bell swings?
    Yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasebolden View Post
    Update: I did heavy (90%) heaving snatch balances and heavy power snatches from hang at knee (up to 85%) this morning. No twisting on snatch balances but I was twisting on power snatches at heavy weights.
    It might be manifesting itself from the floor/pull then???
    My snatches do this, especially over 90%.
    1st pull bar bar paths look different from each side.
    When viewed from left side, bar slightly sweeps in, etc
    When viewed from rght side, bar goes straight up, or baaaarely bubbles out away a hair.

I've tried setting perfectly symmetrical; putting a taped line on the platform; wheelchalking the bar with change plates and setting up absolutely perfect . . . nope, still does it.

I think I might have a LLD.